PDA

View Full Version : Help! Accidently Uninstalled Applications

cosmojunkie
12-07-2005, 02:47 AM
I was installing blackberry 411 and accidently unistalled several applications, browsers, bluetooth, etc. I downloaded the handheld software and ran the application, opened the desktop manager and I am not seeing anything to install. I also resent service books and I am not getting anything back. I did find a similar problem in the "search" and followed that advice but did not correct the problem. What step am I missing...

Shane

NJBlackBerry
12-07-2005, 06:41 AM
I would wipe out the BB and start over.
First download the latest handheld code for the 8700c from Cingular. Web link is in one of the early 8700 threads. Execute the program.
Back up your BB if you need to.
Get a copy of "Javaloader" - it is available from here.
Unzip Javaloader; go to a DOS prompt and type

javaloader -usb wipe

This will completely wipe out your BB.

Restart Desktop Manager and Application loader.
Restore your BB from the backup above.

This will lose all OTA downloaded programs.

Good luck.

cosmojunkie
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Did the full wipe, etc. problem was still existing. Spoke with RIM and we determined that the desktop software had become corrupt. Uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software, executed the newest firmware, opened the desktop manager, installed applications...bingo, problem corrected.

Shane

Tinleg
12-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I would wipe out the BB and start over.
First download the latest handheld code for the 8700c from Cingular. Web link is in one of the early 8700 threads.

I've searched and searched and can't find this link. Would someone mind posting it?

luckiweeman
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
here it is:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00E7D4