PDA

View Full Version : Sending email while on a call

fmcgee
12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
So I am able to compose an email while on a call but the actual email doesnt transmit until I hang up. Does anyone know how/if I can force the email to transmit while on a call?

thx :bb:

VidGameKing
12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
It's a VERY nice feature to be able to do other things on the blackberry while on a phone call. My 7290 wouldn't let me do anything while on a phone call! But I think that the way the radio works in these units it is limited to one transmission at a time. Just like on the other phones where you can recive e-mail or sms while in a call.

greggebhardt
12-07-2005, 12:49 PM
So I am able to compose an email while on a call but the actual email doesnt transmit until I hang up. Does anyone know how/if I can force the email to transmit while on a call?

thx :bb:

Good Grief!

VidGameKing
12-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Good Grief!

Ha!

Airpoppoff
12-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Good Grief!word

trstack
12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
and the device would do that how? Have two transmitters, one for voice and one for data so you can save 2 minutes...try hanging up.

VidGameKing
12-07-2005, 01:51 PM
and the device would do that how? Have two transmitters, one for voice and one for data so you can save 2 minutes...try hanging up.

Give the guy a little slack, maybe he is in a really long confrence call and he's got data on his blackberry that need to be e-mailed to all the people he's talking to so everyone can visually be on the same page as he is. That and he can ill afford to hang up in fear of loosing his multi-million dollor customer.

cookes713
12-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I know that cingular is looking to release a umts that will allow both a data to be sent while you are on a open voice chanel, only thing to keep in mind is that it isn't anything that you will see on a BB in the immediate future, but hope is on the way.

gregg
12-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I know that cingular is looking to release a umts that will allow both a data to be sent while you are on a open voice chanel, only thing to keep in mind is that it isn't anything that you will see on a BB in the immediate future, but hope is on the way.

That would be cool. There's many times when I'm on a call & reference an email the other party hasn't recieved & it would be good to send it to them while we are talking. Sorta like getting the vm notification windows while I'm on the voice line....

Wavester
12-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

This should definitely be on a wishlist. I think all of can agree with the "Good Grief" and yet I'll bet most of us have attempted or wished to send mail while on the phone. It's great when all of us addicts can point to another poster and be comforted that we are not "that" addicted. He he he

xenopus
12-08-2005, 04:37 PM
It's a VERY nice feature to be able to do other things on the blackberry while on a phone call. My 7290 wouldn't let me do anything while on a phone call! But I think that the way the radio works in these units it is limited to one transmission at a time. Just like on the other phones where you can recive e-mail or sms while in a call.

I'm able to compose email while on the phone (with headset plugged in) on my 7290, with AT&T.

I had an "out of the holster into the toilet" experience recently, so I'm looking for the upgrade, trying to decide. I fixed my 7290 in all regards except the charging indicator is on most ofthe time, and the battery life is suffering greatly. Oh, and the smell... *just kidding - clean bowl at home*

Piers

nb_mitch
12-08-2005, 04:42 PM
How do you know it was clean, was your dog drinking out of it ;)

14pups
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Talk about multi-tasking!!

VidGameKing
12-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I wonder what else he does while he's "multitasking"

fmcgee
12-09-2005, 08:29 AM
i spoke with Cingular and they are working on this feature. Will be available when they role out their "UTMS" (sic?) network at the end of Q1 06. can not due it now currently as voice and data are on seperate networks, but UTMS will be data-only and allow this.

xenopus
12-09-2005, 10:48 AM
How do you know it was clean, was your dog drinking out of it ;)

Well, it's my bedroom toilet. The seat was up, so I know my 4-year old had been there. The water wasn't discolored, so I made an assumption... It was the whole putting down the seat and turning to sit all-in-one-motion that was my ultimate undoing!

I was able to fix the 7290, but the battery doesn't last more than a couple of days now, and the external power indicator goes on and off throughout the day.

I ordered my 8700c last night. AT&T version! Don't have to switch to Cingular, and lose my bonus minutes etc. Had to call them 3 times to get someone who could actually help me without insisting I had to switch to Cingular, get separate bills from my wife, and then lost minutes. "The plan is exactly the same" she said. "But I have 1400 minutes, and you are offering me 450 -- how is that the same?". Then there is the whole nights and weekends starting at 21:00 with Cingular vs. 19:00 with AT&T, which my wife definiitely appreciates!

Piers