PDA

View Full Version : update rom 4.5: The battery has just used one day

donahcm
11-18-2009, 05:45 AM
I am using 8820 CSL Hongkong, The phone's battery has just used one day when I updated to firmware 4.5 (any version of 4.5). This bug is not happened with the firmware 4.2.
can you please help me to improve this problem.
:bb:

aiharkness
11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

What bug? Are you saying the battery was fully depleted after one day?

donahcm
11-18-2009, 09:05 PM
My phone battery is only used as a day out after I updated firmware 4.5. but if I update the firmware 4.2 can be used 4 days

aiharkness
11-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Could be coincidence? How old is the battery? Is it a genuine blackberry battery or a knockoff? If the battery is a couple years old, of if it is your habit to run it all the way empty before recharging, buy a new battery and see what happens. But buy a genuine blackberry battery from a reputable source.

Have you added any applications that access data since the upgrade? Or started using them diffently? If you have such third-party applications, make sure you exit all of them and do not leave them running in the background, and see what happens.

donahcm
11-19-2009, 09:06 PM
I certainly do not have any background applications. I have installed "Process Viewer" and can not find any background applications. If the battery is old, then why when I updated my phone firmware 4.2 can be used 4 days. may be third-party. I hope the RIM will have a newer firmware I can update for my 8820

I fully charged battery, I leave the phone from 10 pm to 6 am has consumed 20% of all energy, although in the meantime I do not use the phone.

aiharkness
11-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

I'm using 4.5.0.139, for what it's worth. I don't have any knwoledge of the differences between the various 4.5.xxx.xxx with regard to power use. But again, if you are not running app's in the background, the next thought is the battery. How? Why? I don't know. But the battery is the next thing to consider. Maybe it's the problem, maybe not.

In my personal experience, when I see the battery going down very fast, it has been because the battery is failing.

donahcm
11-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks you