PDA

View Full Version : Update reset my purchased software

Stu_Tour
11-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I updated my blackberry software this morning. Afterwords, I found that my purchased Aerize Optimizer and Antair Spam Filter software have returned to unregistered (and unpaid) versions.

I have "conveniently" misplaced my emails from these software developers.

What is the easiest way for me to get them working again. I assume a restore would also restore my blackberry back to an earlier version of OS?

Thanks, Stu

penguin3107
11-20-2009, 09:01 AM
A backup/restore typically does not backup data or setting from third-party applications.
You're going to need to contact the software developer(s) to get new registration keys.

Stu_Tour
11-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I did find my Spam filter registration. I just cannot find the optimizer one :-(

takeshi
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Not sure why you haven't checked in with the responsible company -- that's where I'd start.

From http://aerize.com/help/general.html:

Where can I get my registration key?
As Aerize does not manage the serial numbers provided by our partners, please obtain a new serial through the site from which the license was originally purchased.

If you purchased from AppWorld, all you need to do is delete and re-download the application to receive your serial number again. It will be provided in a pop up dialog box that will prompt you to copy it to the clipboard. You may need to first sign in with your PayPal ID to be able to reconcile the MyWorld purchase history.

Otherwise please contact the vendor from which you purchased with any information relevant to your purchase such as the device PIN found under Options > Status in your device, your purchase e-mail address and any order or transaction numbers you may have.
MobiHand Technical Support: support@<hidden>
Handango Technical Support: support@<hidden>