PDA

View Full Version : Gym Workout Software?

dominguezh
12-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hello. Does anybody know if there is an application that will keep track of workout logs? There are a couple of apps out there that do a less than half ass job at this and include a lot of other features I don't need.

I just need something I can use to mark my reps completed and keep track of the weight I lift. Thoughts?

Hector

luckiweeman
12-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Hector, just a thought...did you check handango.com? They seem to have a variety of fitness software for the blackberry. You may find something that works for you.

dominguezh
12-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Yeah, ... they have an app called Total Fitness but it has a lot of other stuff I don't need and the workout log part is not their strength. Thanks.

ryanmitton
09-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi, I was thinking I would have to do it with my own spreadsheet.
I have not looked at the two major health tracking software apps on handagno,but I'm about too. If you say the rep software isn't good, then I'll end up making a spreadsheet to do it, and then use excel to graph it etc etc.

actually there is spreadsheet software that will graph your data on the bberry now too.
ryan

mymitsu3kgt
09-24-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd rather keep a clipboard with me in the gym than my Blackberry. Too many things could go wrong with that situation.

BerryGuru
10-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Has anyone tried Ascendo Fitness

allthumbs
10-20-2006, 12:32 PM
I dont want to carry my BB to the gym.... Someone could step on it while in the middle of a benchpress session or doing squats....... Then i would be pissed

flash24
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
yea, I think I saw one at handango.com, it's not free tho.

finch
10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I have, fantastic app, I think. I've actually been delayed in writing a review for the product, sorry guys I've been swamped... :oops:
Has anyone tried Ascendo Fitness

lcater
10-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I dont want to carry my BB to the gym.... Someone could step on it while in the middle of a benchpress session or doing squats....... Then i would be pissed
Or worse, spoil a perfectly good workout with a phone call. Besides, you know every 4 minutes you'd look for new mail.
:smile:

pspiegel
10-21-2006, 03:07 AM
i just found this actually and remembered seeing this post... hopefully this will help, it is a fairly comprehensive review for ascendo fitness
BlackBerryCool Ascendo Fitness reviewed (http://www.blackberrycool.com/2006/09/11/002271/#more-2271)

BerryGuru
10-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks Pspiegel,

The review looks good. Actually I have been trying Ascendo Fitness for a while... Have been impressed by the features.... It tracks your food intake and also your exercise.. .The best part I like about the software is you can add text Notes when adding New activities...

I think its a decent piece of software... What more would you want from a BB fitness app...

Regards

Nickster248
10-21-2006, 12:21 PM
i just found this actually and remembered seeing this post... hopefully this will help, it is a fairly comprehensive review for ascendo fitness
BlackBerryCool Ascendo Fitness reviewed (http://www.blackberrycool.com/2006/09/11/002271/#more-2271)
Thanks pspiegel...that review was enough information that I am going to purchase the two Ascendo Fitness Programs...the 2nd one being the Ascendo Fitness Calculators. (y)

Now...all I have to do is follow through on my goals!! :smile:

ryanmitton
10-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Does Ascendo Fitness allow u to track how many reps, lbs, and sets u do for say benchpress, squats, deadlifts, curls, tricep extensions, incline bench etc etc. ?

I tried making the spreadsheet application for the above. Works great, but my 7750 is WAY to slow to handle it. I'd be 4 hrs in the gym doing one workout. I'll be getting the 8700 series in the next few days, and I'm sure it will be lightening fast on it. I'll report back and post the workout spreadsheet for download if it works and is bug free. Cheerio.

jeremyw501
11-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Does Ascendo Fitness allow u to track how many reps, lbs, and sets u do for say benchpress, squats, deadlifts, curls, tricep extensions, incline bench etc etc. ?

I tried making the spreadsheet application for the above. Works great, but my 7750 is WAY to slow to handle it. I'd be 4 hrs in the gym doing one workout. I'll be getting the 8700 series in the next few days, and I'm sure it will be lightening fast on it. I'll report back and post the workout spreadsheet for download if it works and is bug free. Cheerio.

I look forward to seeing your worksheet. Thanks