PDA

View Full Version : BB - 2 Questions! Please Help

mANGo77
11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
First of all, hi to all of you. Very nice forum. I'm new to blackberry, just got a 8100 pearl and i'm stuck at something...please help me with some answers because i couldn't find something clearely using google. Many thanks...

1) How do i install/move/load a service book (.ipd extension) from my desktop to my blackberry phone?
2) When i want to install Opera Mini 5 or other java kits(apps/games), copying them from my pc to my media card and after install i got the "907" error altough i've installed a game (ParII Golf) that was a .jar! Does this problem has a solution or i have to manually convert the .jar to .cod files and then make an .alx and install through desktop manager? Is this how it works? How do i do that?

Please help...Thanks again!

MidnightDraven
11-23-2009, 04:36 PM
1. An ipd is a backup, a service book is something different.
What are you trying to do?

2. .jar or .jad files require the .cod files as well to be transfered to a media card to load.
Or you use .alx and .cod to load through Desktop Manager.

Try downloading games/themes etc etc from your blackberry, as this is how its supposed to be done with .jad files.

berryboozer
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
thanks Midnightdraven...very helpful

mANGo77
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't have a blackberry special data plan so i can't use blackberry's native browser. That service book or .ipd is supposed to help me. So can i do something with it? Tommorow i will activate a normal data plan but that can't help me downloading through ota. I don't want email pushing i just want to use a browser. I don't have problems puting themes. The .jar's are the problem. So you say that if i download from a site a .jar using the browser it will install the aplication?
Where can i find the 4.5 OS, north american version to download to my pc?

Trimix
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
The .ipd file may contain service books, but usually those are pushed to your device by your carrier when you sign up for BIS (BlackBerry data plan).

Jar files are designed for OTA installs. So yes, if you download the file from your BB browser, it will install the application to your phone. Unfortunately, the other browsers available (Opera Mini and perhaps Bolt as well) do not allow for OTA installs.

mANGo77
11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
First problem resolved. I hope that now the "907" error will be resolved too.