PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

highstyk101
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
My phone isn't wet but the phone is not working... if I can get it to click on an application it just routes to my address book and I cant type the letters are just typing the letter they aren't! Please help!

aiharkness
11-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

You may not think you got it wet, but moisture from even such as a sweaty pocket is reported as having caused problems. What you are seeing sounds like moisture. If it is, you need to remove the battery and dry it out.

If you are certain it is not moisture, and if you have a media card, remove the media card and see what happens when you replace the battery and it boots up.

highstyk101
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes it now works.... maybe the media card??

aiharkness
11-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Removed the media card and it now works? Then it's the card.

Try this:

1- Put the card in a reader on the 'puter or laptop, navigate to the folders that contain your content. Copy* just the image, video, audio files, etc that you put on there. Don't copy the dat files, or anything like that created by the blackberry or windows media player or whatever. Show hidden files on the card. Delete everything on the card and try again. If it works, copy your files back to the media card in the appropriate folders and be on your way.

2- If the above doesn't work, format the card and try again. If it works, copy your files to the card, etc.

3- If formatting the card doesn't fix it, try a new card.

* Note. If you have media card encryption enabled and media is not excepted, then your images, video and audio files will be encrypted and you will not be able to work with them on the computer. The computer may not even be able to see them, but I don't recall. If you've done this, you can try using the media manager app in desktop manager, if your blackberry works well enough to connect and cooperate, and if you don't encounter the buggy media manager behavior that many encounter. The other alternative, if you can manage it with the condition your blackberry is in, is to use the explorer function in the media app on the blackberry to move the media files out of the media folders, then move them back. If you do this, set encrypt media files to no before moving back into the media folder. That may work for you. If your blackberry is not set to encrypt the media card, then this won't be an issue for you.