PDA

View Full Version : removing BES

dimm0k
11-26-2009, 03:29 PM
I recently went through the process of Enterprise Activation to get work e-mail pushed to my device... just wondering how easy it is to get rid of Enterprise Activation and go back to how it was exactly before I got this option turned on?

hrbuckley
11-26-2009, 03:49 PM
It will require a complete data wipe of your device using JavaLoader reset to factory, or equivalent JLCmdr instructions. Not a big deal, but you will want a backup of any data you want to survive the process, to restore once complete.

It happens as a normal course of an OS upgrade, so if your are planning one of those then you can kill two birds with one stone as it were.

dimm0k
11-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reply! I was afraid a wipe would be necessary... So I take it using BlackBerry Desktop Manager will backup everything off the device, even the stuff that's "locked" by BES, for example my saved searches, and also restore them back without needing Enterprise Activation?

RDC3
11-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Is there any way for BES to NOT be completely cleared after a factory rest or full reinstall of the OS?

tsac
11-26-2009, 08:16 PM
If you clear the BB back to factory and remove any IT policy AND make sure the BES server has removed your BB, you should be able to go back to a BIS use.