PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with new Bold 9700

JJD
11-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi apologies if i have missed relevant threads.
I have a new Bold 9700 and have kept getting the error:523 white screen crash. I followed instructions in some forums and "reinstalled" the phone OS eventually. I now find that i have (predictably) wiped off all third party apps BUT have also lost Blackberry Tasks and the Blackberry password safe that came pre-installed on the phone when i purchased it. I can`t work out what to do next. If someone can please advise i`d be really grateful. Currently burning hours sorting out a phone that i bought just to give me more stability and reliability (switched from an IPhone).
JJD

aiharkness
11-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

Start Desktop manager if you need to.

Connect blackberry to the computer.

Lauch the module in desktop manager for adding and removing applications.

Look on the screen that lists applications. Some are checked; maybe some are not. Check the ones you want installed. Finish.

tsac
11-27-2009, 04:51 PM
On my BB their located in the Application folder. They also may be hidden.
Go to the main screen and using the blackberry key see if any are hidden.

JJD
11-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi
many thanks for the prompt response. If it was that easy i`d have solved this hours ago!
There are no applications listed if i follow this route - i have found no options, through any route, to either add the two apps that i think are missing after the OS re-install OR a method to reinstall the OS again properly.
JJD

tsac
11-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok so how did you re-install the OS.

JJD
11-27-2009, 05:08 PM
i know it sounds stupid but i cannot remember the details as i was following a forum thread and did this yesterday. It had something to do with running desktop manager with the memory card out. anyway, thats where i am now. the phone seems stable, no more crashes but i am missing two apps (and possibly something else).
JJD