PDA

View Full Version : Talk about taking a cheap shot... Bad Good...

ScOObydoo
12-08-2005, 07:04 PM
http://www.good.com/trygood/

Scroll down a little, and see how a small firm plays dirty tricks to try and win some customers. Pretty disgusting if you ask me.

paulbblc
12-08-2005, 07:18 PM
That's horrible but unfortunately it's also business. Make the others look bad and all of the sudden you look good by comparison.

Sometimes it can backfire on you though like I think it might with these guys. They went a little overboard therefore it might turn people off their product.

Attacking and pointing out the competitors weaknesses is good strategy but if you do it too much it makes it look as if you have something to hide.

*edit*
p.s. in most business courses they also teach you to do it subtley though. guess these 'Good' guys missed that chapter..

lraed74
12-08-2005, 07:42 PM
It is a cheap shot but its business...they will gain more possibly by playing into fears of others. Its just an advantage that any smart business would take.

finch
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
You know a sales manager once told me that "true colours shine in moments of deperation" That being said it seems Good will do whatever it takes to garner any sort of new business. Fair game yes, business is business but it's rather hard to respect a company that needs to sink to such levels to drive business.

mriff
12-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Scumbags.....

Berry One
12-08-2005, 08:08 PM
It is a cheap shot but its business...they will gain more possibly by playing into fears of others. Its just an advantage that any smart business would take.

By that definition, Research in Motion must be incredibly dumb, because I can't find cheap shots on their Web site.

ShaneToronto
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
wow.. can you say martin Vs. harper 2006?

Good is really putting on a nasty campaign.

ToneBoogie
12-08-2005, 11:35 PM
Hey, if you can't beat 'em, sling mud at 'em! We must have some ex-politicians working there!!!

Mahal
12-08-2005, 11:59 PM
What amazes me about things like this, is that a group of educated and, I'm sure, intelligent people got in room and came out with this!?? How is that possible?

wow....

thriller
12-09-2005, 12:02 AM
i am sure RIM will come out and surprise everyone. This is one company which i don't want to see the states kill Canadian Content

billpoly
12-09-2005, 12:41 AM
The Fed is a HUGE customer of RIM with a lot of BlackBerry handhelds in use. Say what you will about the DOJ, but I don't see the justice system telling the Fed that they can't have their BlackBerries anymore...

Good putting on a nasty campaign is a shame, especially since they make a very good product.