PDA

View Full Version : What video format does 9700 play?

plefkow
12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Can it play avi and mp4? If not is there a third party software that will allow me to do this? Is there a fact sheet on the 9700 that covers these types of questions? tx PL

DaCurryman
12-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Can it play avi and mp4? If not is there a third party software that will allow me to do this? Is there a fact sheet on the 9700 that covers these types of questions? tx PL
From BlackBerry - 9700 Specifications - New BlackBerry Bold 9700 Specs (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold9700/bold_specifications.jsp)

Video format support: XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3, MPEG4, Sorenson Spark & On2 VP6 (Flash support)

I've put a few AVI files on there with no problem. Plays them beautifully.

Tommy2125
12-02-2009, 03:26 AM
From BlackBerry - 9700 Specifications - New BlackBerry Bold 9700 Specs (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold9700/bold_specifications.jsp)

Video format support: XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3, MPEG4, Sorenson Spark & On2 VP6 (Flash support)

I've put a few AVI files on there with no problem. Plays them beautifully.

Do you use "Handbreak" also? cus i have a MAC and i use Handbreak i try to convert a .avi file to .mp4 it will only play the audio and not the picture... -.-" Help?

oposky2006
12-02-2009, 04:28 AM
well, pavtube video converter works for me very well, it can take care your needs.:smile:

DaCurryman
12-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Do you use "Handbreak" also? cus i have a MAC and i use Handbreak i try to convert a .avi file to .mp4 it will only play the audio and not the picture... -.-" Help?
I didn't use anything to convert it. These are files of TV shows that I "found" on the internet. When using my iPhone or iPod Touch, I had to use a converter to put them in MP4 format to play them and each conversion would take about as long as the show itself. But the BB9700 plays the DivX/XviD codec in AVI format, which means I just drag and drop. It's great!!

JRawlinson
12-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but I have noticed that some users indicate YouTube videos will not play on their 9700. I tried playing some YouTube vids right out of the box without any setting tweaking, and they've all played pretty well. Sometimes the video would pixellate a bit, but by and large they played beautifully.

I would be curious to know if anyone else is also having success with YouTube, or if there is something I am missing.