PDA

View Full Version : Vendor ID=1 (Escreen)

Preroll
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
It appears that if you want to permanently keep the Escreen present vs. the Help Me! screen, you would need to change your Vendor ID to equal 1 (vs. say 105 for Verizon). Does anyone have a) instructions on how to do this and b) could this lead to a performance problem down the line?

Curious...thanks.

rambo47
12-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Not do-able. Vendor ID is not editable by users.

Preroll
12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Not do-able. Vendor ID is not editable by users.

Only reason I asked is because I vaguely remember another post in the past which described how to install a new OS without specific core modules and there was a screenshot which showed the editing of the vendor ID being edited so you could load any or all themes (not just your current carriers themes). May be a different approach for this however.

Thanks.

jsconyers
12-03-2009, 04:31 PM
In order to do so, you will need to use tools that are internal to RIM. It's pirated software and will not be discussed on this forum.

JSanders
12-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Do I smell a potentially bricked 8330?

Yes, I do! I do!

dc/dc
12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brick.jpg

Raptor464
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/brick.jpg

O M G

Raptor464
12-03-2009, 05:01 PM
By the way, this thread is full of fail... I believe what you are looking for is to unlock all carrier themes? The thread that describes that is as follows:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

JSanders
12-03-2009, 05:05 PM
I think the OP's previous thread was he was trying to unlock Verizon GPS on the 8330, iirc that is where this 'was' headed.

But he started a new thread here. :?

dc/dc
12-03-2009, 07:54 PM
I think the OP's previous thread was he was trying to unlock Verizon GPS on the 8330, iirc that is where this 'was' headed.

The 8330 has GPS?!? I thought it had WiFi! :razz:

Preroll
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM

Not quite. I had got into the escreen and saw the GPS option to disable GPS restrictions in another thread but what I was looking for here in THIS thread was the ability to keep the escreen available all the time (vs. the Help Me! screen) instead of going online to use the algorithm to unlock it for 1/3/30 days etc. It was mentioned someplace that in order for this to happen, the vendor id should = 1.

dc/dc
12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Not quite. I had got into the escreen and saw the GPS option to disable GPS restrictions in another thread but what I was looking for here in THIS thread was the ability to keep the escreen available all the time (vs. the Help Me! screen) instead of going online to use the algorithm to unlock it for 1/3/30 days etc. It was mentioned someplace that in order for this to happen, the vendor id should = 1.

The only devices whose Vendor ID = 1 are those that were sold directly by RIM, which is a rarity. I happen to own one, so I know they exist, but they are nearly impossible to get.

Preroll
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
By the way, this thread is full of fail... I believe what you are looking for is to unlock all carrier themes? The thread that describes that is as follows:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

Yep...that was the thread I was thinking about. OK, not as easy as I was hoping for.

Thanks all for the info. As for the GPS stuff I mentioned in the other forum, guess I have to wait for GPS when I leave the 8330. Curious to see how the Essex (Tour 2) compares after its been out for awhile. Like to see how that trac-pad holds up after 6 months for folks that just got the Curve 2!

Preroll
12-04-2009, 04:01 PM
The only devices whose Vendor ID = 1 are those that were sold directly by RIM, which is a rarity. I happen to own one, so I know they exist, but they are nearly impossible to get.

Thanks!