PDA

View Full Version : please help a new user :)

JENNY_ell
12-04-2009, 09:25 PM
hi i am new to blackberry and i love it so far but it its very confusing :)
a few questions. i have the curve 8330

1.) facebook app....it downloaded and everything and it shows up when i go to options>advanced options>applications but it is not bold like the rest of the applications that are on the main application logo page and it doesn't show up there either and i've been trying to figure out how to make it show up but i'm not sure how?

2.) it is a used blackberry and the original users email is still on it. the person at the sprint store said i had to go to the sprint blackberry site to change it, and i went there and obviously i dont know the other persons username or password, so i went to set up new account and typed in the pin and the hex number and it said it was in use so i'm not sure what to do?

3.) there are a few unwanted applications on my main page like myspace, twitter, ect that were there when i turned the phone on. they dont show up in the options>advanced options>applications or in myworld on the blackberry application store. i know i can hide them but i just want to delete them....

4.) threaded messaging....so i hope this isnt the default messaging of the blackberry and i hope i can change it but i dont know how. it seems kind of pointless that the last message that a person sent me shows all of our messages and is threaded. but then if i go back to the inbox and look at the 2nd to last message they sent me it shows the same threaded messaging minus the latest messsage they sent me. is there anyway to make it so i just have one whole threaded message from each person?

thank you for your help!

rambo47
12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
1. Facebook uses BlackBerry data, so until you can get your BlackBerry data plan associated with your 8330 you won't be able to use it. To find the app, look in either your Downloads folder or in the Social Networking folder. If you find it there, you can use the Menu (BlackBerry) key to select "Move to Folder" and choose Home.

2. You can delete the service books in Options > Advanced Options > Service Books to get rid of the old user's accounts. Unfortunately, the only way to get the PIN released so you can set up your own emails with your own BlackBerry data plan is to have the previous owner contact Sprint and get it released. Check this out: Buying a BlackBerry off eBay - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Buying_a_BlackBerry_off_eBay)

3. Many of those unwanted apps are merely links to download the real application. Often these are pushed onto your BB by Sprint, so if you delete them they will just come back when Sprint pushes them back onto your device. Best to just hide them. Place the cursor over one to highlight it but don't click on it. Then use the Menu key and select "Hide". It will vanish until you bring it back. If you hide an icon you can always bring it back later.

4. Yup, this is the default. Threaded messaging is available with aftermarket apps and maybe in some later version of the OS. For the 8330 it's not available now.