PDA

View Full Version : New to this board - How do I sync sent messages?

bbPeterParker
12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi,

I am new to this board and new to BB and I tried to use the search function but got confused.

I have a 7100 from Nextel. Love it. Once I got use to the typing - or suretype it was great. Since I did not have any other BB device before it was easy for me to get use to the typing.

Anyway, my question is. How do sync or using BB term reconcile my sent emails with my PC/outlook. I am not sure but I don't believe we have BES or some dedicated server for the Black berry.

Thank you and happy to have found this board.

martin_j001
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Other than forwarding your sent messages from your pc to your device, its not possible.

bbPeterParker
12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7100i/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/103)

Other than forwarding your sent messages from your pc to your device, its not possible.

Thank you for your response.

First timer here so let me make it clearer. All of the emails that I send from my BB - I would like to sync them to my PC. Can I do this wirelessly or can I do this via the website?

Thank you

smittyofdhs
12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
you would need BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). The desktop manager may do that too, I have no idea because I never used it, always been a BES user.

DanMan
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
there is an option in the Desktop Manager that allows you to keep a copy of the sent messages. I think it might be on the Redirector icon

bbPeterParker
12-09-2005, 11:56 PM
there is an option in the Desktop Manager that allows you to keep a copy of the sent messages. I think it might be on the Redirector icon

Can you be more specific. I have looked at the desktop manager and I cannot find the redirector icon.

Thanks

bbPeterParker
12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Well, after playing around with my settings and then having to wipe it clean I came up with a solution.

Here is what I want to do and there were some who were confused so let me explain my original posting.

I was looking for a way to get my sent messages or replies from my BB and then have them wirelessly come into my outlook on my desktop. I tried the redirection method but this seems primarily the way to synch from pc to bb instead of the other way around.

I dont have BES and I looked at blueberry and mailstreet but after looking at the price and service decided I wanted something else. I just want to have my messages that I sent and my replies to be able to get into my outlook.

Here is my inelegant solution.

1. Go to your service provider email set up.
2. In profiles there is an option to forward sent mail.
3. I created a seperate email address with the words "sent" in it.
4. I placed the email address in the forward.
5. I then go to outlook and create a seperate folder called bbsent.
6. In outlook i create a rule that will move all emails from bbpeterparker@<hidden> to bbsent folder.

It is inelegant but I think it will do the trick. I am a novice at BB so if you have any other ideas please post them. Thank you.

martin_j001
12-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Now that I understand what you want....what you are doing is the best way to do it, even though its not too elegant, just as you said--using settings in BWC to auto-forward your sent emails to another address. Sorry for the confusion earlier, and I'm glad you got it worked out.