PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Gmail plug-in questions

zero7404
12-09-2009, 09:46 AM
got an unlocked 9530 i am using with tmob and did a recent send service books to it. i noticed that i now have this app that's always running and it doesn't appear under installed applications.

what is it for ? is it chewing up a lot of ram ?

since my IMEI doesn't register with tmob, when i log in online i usually pick the latest BB or a BB that's supposed to be running 5.0....

takeshi
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
What app? How we can answer without its name? Are you referring to the plugin since it's in the title but not mentioned at all in your post?

zero7404
12-09-2009, 09:05 PM
What app? How we can answer without its name? Are you referring to the plugin since it's in the title but not mentioned at all in your post?

for lack of a better word, i used app to refer to the plugin....

so i am asking about this plugin.

scottjb
12-10-2009, 08:45 AM
The Gmail plugin will appear in the task list as soon as you use it to access you messages. If you don't want it running, use the regular messaging app to manage your email. You're correct, it doesn't appear in the applications list.

zero7404
12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
i'm on a different page here, mentally.
i know this is some kind of gmail enhancement, but i don't see enhancements on the phone when composing/reading email using the gmail account. when i pull up the running apps (holding the blackberry button), it's there and when i select it, nothing happens.

so what is it exactly, and if i can dump it from my fone via a service book delete, which service book is it ?

don't see any real benefit to the plugin....so i don't think it's necessary. unless of course someone cares to spill the beans on what this plugin actually 'enhances'....

LunkHead
12-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Here ya go....

Hands on with Gmail Plugin for BlackBerry | PocketBerry (http://www.pocketberry.com/2009/08/24/hands-on-with-gmail-plugin-for-blackberry/)

Kris

zero7404
12-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Here ya go....

Hands on with Gmail Plugin for BlackBerry | PocketBerry (http://www.pocketberry.com/2009/08/24/hands-on-with-gmail-plugin-for-blackberry/)

Kris

basically answered everything with one link ! thanks....