PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Instant Messenger (IM) for 8700c (Cingular)???

ewr
12-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Anyone had any luck getting IM services working on the 8700c? I tried a couple of clients with no luck. I'm also new to the BB, so that could be a large part of my problem. I had the firewall turned on at first, though now it's off and still no luck.

LOVE the speed on EDGE, and hope that HSDPA is in the future for this thing!

Best,
Jon (y)

(oh, and I'm a Mac & PC user)

Seattle18
12-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Anyone had any luck getting IM services working on the 8700c? I tried a couple of clients with no luck. I'm also new to the BB, so that could be a large part of my problem. I had the firewall turned on at first, though now it's off and still no luck.

LOVE the speed on EDGE, and hope that HSDPA is in the future for this thing!

Best,
Jon (y)

(oh, and I'm a Mac & PC user)
Give some more details please. If you are getting a tunnel error, then follow this thread. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=20244&highlight=tunnel+error)

ewr
12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
I did see a tunneling error, your link didn't come through, I'll check the search fcn. Thanks.

At this point I'm not wed to any client (I've had a BB for a day), but I want Yahoo & AOL IM, MSN wouldn't be bad either. I tried IM+ and Verichat.

Seattle18
12-09-2005, 07:46 PM
I did see a tunneling error, your link didn't come through, I'll check the search fcn. Thanks.

At this point I'm not wed to any client (I've had a BB for a day), but I want Yahoo & AOL IM, MSN wouldn't be bad either. I tried IM+ and Verichat.
I tried both of those too, and I liked IM+ the best, but then I tried this one called webmessenger (http://www.webmessenger.com/) and REALLY like it the best. Try it out for yourself. As for the error link, search for "tunnel error" and go to the one titled "finally fixed the tunnel error message", or something like that.

joginder
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
I was on the phone with Cingular to get my Yahoo IM working and they failed.. no AOL, IM, or ICQ so I dropped the plan and walked back to T-mo and works without any problem. Cingular people are just too novice on this technology.. don't know why. They keep telling me that I should register my yahoo messenger on their webclient and I kept on saying WHAT

bluemini
12-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Well I am on my 4th rep and they finally did what ya said in the tunnel error post! Still nothing! I'm getting pissed off!

Bp