PDA

View Full Version : Make key combo create a sentence

telrod11
12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
OK, I don't even know how to ask this, but is there a way I can shortcut a phrase like "Anything I'd like to type here" or ":)" to make typind something that I use over and over a little simpler on the 7100g?

Aguyindallas
12-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Well, I am not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but let me tell you what I have done...

Go to your options, then AutoText.

What I did was create a new word such as "mysig". I had it set so that if I were to type "mysig" (without the quotes) it would put in what I created as a signature.

We used it heavily for sales responses. I work in the car business (formerly as an internet manager), so when a customer would inquire about a car, such as the Acura TL, I had a pre-made template with information that all I had to do was type "temptl" and it would give me a full response that was already complete. All I had to do was put in the customers name and hit the send key and I was done.

telrod11
12-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, I am not sure if this is exactly what you mean, but let me tell you what I have done...

Go to your options, then AutoText.

What I did was create a new word such as "mysig". I had it set so that if I were to type "mysig" (without the quotes) it would put in what I created as a signature.

We used it heavily for sales responses. I work in the car business (formerly as an internet manager), so when a customer would inquire about a car, such as the Acura TL, I had a pre-made template with information that all I had to do was type "temptl" and it would give me a full response that was already complete. All I had to do was put in the customers name and hit the send key and I was done.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for!