PDA

View Full Version : Wow, This Is Weird

evandt
12-10-2005, 06:11 AM
First of all let me thank you highly enlightened users who will read this and take the time to help me. I really appreciate your feedback.

Blackberry 7250 on Verizon Wireless.
1 Month and a half old, upgraded to the EVDO software

now, here's my problem, very very strage. At times, my blackberry just Freezes with a blank screen and the red message light stuck on. I can do nothing but take the battery out and wait 10 minutes for it to boot up again. It seems to happen at completely random times, but MOST frequently when I'm getting in the car. Here's some info, I usually keep it in my back pocket so potentially it could be getting knocked around(but this doesn't happen when I sit anywhere else, only the car.) I've tried keeping it my pocket and knocking it around but nothing happens, I've tried with both the keyguard on and off, nothing happens, it appears to be completely random, but most often when entering the car for some reason. I was actually crazy enough to believe it has something to do with my keyless entry until it happened in someone elses car. has ANYONE seen ANYTHING remotely similar to this? any help would be AMAZING.
thank you

Dusty Saddle
12-10-2005, 07:11 AM
First of all let me thank you highly enlightened users who will read this and take the time to help me. I really appreciate your feedback.

Blackberry 7250 on Verizon Wireless.
1 Month and a half old, upgraded to the EVDO software

now, here's my problem, very very strage. At times, my blackberry just Freezes with a blank screen and the red message light stuck on. I can do nothing but take the battery out and wait 10 minutes for it to boot up again. It seems to happen at completely random times, but MOST frequently when I'm getting in the car. Here's some info, I usually keep it in my back pocket so potentially it could be getting knocked around(but this doesn't happen when I sit anywhere else, only the car.) I've tried keeping it my pocket and knocking it around but nothing happens, I've tried with both the keyguard on and off, nothing happens, it appears to be completely random, but most often when entering the car for some reason. I was actually crazy enough to believe it has something to do with my keyless entry until it happened in someone elses car. has ANYONE seen ANYTHING remotely similar to this? any help would be AMAZING.
thank you

While getting into the car, you may be putting enough pressure on the blackberry case to cause the circuit board to bend or twist a bit. It probably happens only in the car because of the way the back of the seat and the seat are designed - especially in cars that you have to get down into rather than stepping up into, like an SUV. Get a leather belt case or a mount for the car, so you don't have to sit on the bb.

lraed74
12-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Either stop wearing it in ur back pocket or go to a verizon store and get a new one.

Hanwei
12-11-2005, 03:00 AM
I would stop sitting on it. It's not like the BB's made of iron. It definitely is being squished to death under all of that weight.

Get a leather holster here: http://store.bizshopr.com/rimrac55059.html
and take care of your BB! Or just carry it in your front pocket. I do that when I don't want to wear the holster.

Or... bring it into a VZW store... get a replacement... and THEN get a holster for the new one. :)

evandt
12-13-2005, 03:42 AM
thanks for the advice. I have insurance so I don't really care if it breaks or anything. just wanted to see if that was normal for it to be doing that.

Dawg
12-13-2005, 05:41 AM
I have a leather belt holster and mine does same thing only mine is a 7520 and it does it quite a bit I cant duplicate it. Dont have to be getting into a car or anything

tomryan
12-13-2005, 09:55 AM
thanks for the advice. I have insurance so I don't really care if it breaks or anything. just wanted to see if that was normal for it to be doing that.

Hey.. let me be the first person to THANK YOU.. I'm curious, do you also purposely get sick because hey.. you have insurance..

Seriously, this is just wrong, you're wrong..

get a life..

Mantis
12-13-2005, 10:35 AM
whoa... lol

damurray666
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey.. let me be the first person to THANK YOU.. I'm curious, do you also purposely get sick because hey.. you have insurance..

get a life..

Thats a little to much...

rjharary
12-13-2005, 12:17 PM

get a life..

This is why it now costs $60 for the deductable when claiming a lost, broken or stolen phone, because people just do it too much. Thats just stealing from each and every person who has insurance.

tomryan
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Thats a little to much...

I don't think so.. and I think (hope) most others would agree with me.. The attititude taken by this person is simply wrong.. end of story..

Mantis
12-13-2005, 03:17 PM
true... it's not a toy. lol insurance, and the hassle to get another and setting up to your liking. not worth it...not at all...

evandt
12-15-2005, 03:39 AM
First off, let me thank those of you who were mature enough to give me a positive response and some helpful feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry that there are some of you who feel that I should "get a life" and that its "just wrong" but I can only offer the same advice back. Instead of providing any help whatsoever you've taken the time out of your life to post a rather meaningless comment about how I choose to use MY blackberry. I'm a little confused here, did you pay for it? do you pay for my plan? my deductable? I'm fairly certain that the answer to those questions is NO, and in that case I must politly ask you to mind your own business. what I do with MY phone is MY business, I can smash it on the wall tomorrow in honor of your out of context post and get a new one if I feel like it. That is MY decision, not yours. And for you others who claim that it's people like me who "make the deductables so high" I have a simple response. SO WHAT. is that my problem? NO? I don't care, who cares if my blackberry is a toy. if I paid for it, thats my decision, I'll live with the consequences of that. I'm sorry that verizon wireless users lose their phones a lot, but even if I was one of the morons who loses their phone every day, or is constantly breaking it oh well, that's just the way the system works, if you don't like it blame verizon don't blame me. It's not my fault I want my $500.00 phone to work corretly, and it's not my fault that I pay $5 a month so I DONT HAVE TO CARE about what happens to it. That WHY we have insurance, it's not a freaking car guys, these things have no value besides a few hundred dollars. I(and I'm sure MANY others) get insurance so we can do whatever we want with our phones and not have to worry about it.
Thank those of you who will take my side on this,
and to you others, I can only hope that you will find yourself in my position in the near future and instead of receiving help you get out of context grief from users who have such a wonderful life that they find it worthwhile to spend their time on internet forums critiquing how other users choose to use their personal devices. I sympathize in advance for you for having to wake up tomorrow and look in the mirror and still be ........ YOU

ShaneToronto
12-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Can someone please post the link for BBCorrector? :|

Zro
12-15-2005, 04:00 AM
Ok, I'm not going to say anything about how you use your own device....you are right that it is your own choice.

But from a tech support standpoint I can definately see how some people would be upset with people taking the same attitude as you "It's not my fault I want my $500.00 phone to work corretly".

I've had many people complain to me that THEIR blackberry isn't working properly and I HAVE to fix it...ok, sure, that's my job...no worries....but when I take the battery out and find that it's caked inside with dried up pop from when the BlackBerry was dropped into a glass, I shouldn't have to get yelled at for it not working.

I literally had one guy yell at me for an hour because he got upset with an email he got and threw it against the wall (chunk of plastic out of the housing prompted me to ask what happened) and I couldn't get it to work.

So, if it doesn't work because of something that you do, all I ask is that you understand that you chose to do something and that caused it not to work...it is not someone elses responsibility to make it work. (and yes, i understand that is why you have insurance on it)

Zro

evandt
12-15-2005, 04:16 AM
zro,
you're right, and you're right.
I was in no way shape or form trying to say that it is a technicians job to fix my phone whenever I break it(although technically it is), It's my responsibility what happens to it but however as you said that is why we have insurance and will continue to have it. it is a shame most customers choose to be mean about getting their phones fixed but in the end if you pay for insurance, do whatever the heck you want and get it fixed after. My only suggestion is that as a customer try to be nice.
a sidenote(or shall I say a return to the main note here, sorry but we were distracted by some neanderthal forum users) is that for the most part when I use the keypad lock this problem has seemed to get a good amount better, and I've also noticed that it is most likely caused from the impact of when I get in my car, (since it has happened a few times I dropped it on the ground) my suggestion to those of you having these problems is that you buy a case for it, try being more careful or of course, my favorite option, F-it and goto town on the damm thing until it breaks and then go get a new one via insurance :-)

p.s- it is now not only apparent that we have forum users who take time out of their meaningless lives to post messages critiquing the use of blackberrys, but wie also have yusers hu taik ther tyme tu ridcule peeples speling. very sad

p.s.s- the maple leafs are still a team? I was certain that they'd gone under with the rest of hockey eh. (translated into canadian for ease)

Zro
12-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Ok, now you've brought that damned sport into this thread and I'm gonna have to blast ya :P

sorry...I would just like to say for the record that NOT ALL CANADIANS LIKE HOCKEY....and that not all people in Ontario like the leafs.

Enjoy the BB(s) evandt.

And in case naynoe missde it, this was a sarcastic email menat to liten the mood a bit.

Zro

tomryan
12-15-2005, 09:19 AM
First off, let me thank those of you who were mature enough to give me a positive response and some helpful feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry that there are some of you who feel that I should "get a life" and that its "just wrong" but I can only offer the same advice back. Instead of providing any help whatsoever you've taken the time out of your life to post a rather meaningless comment about how I choose to use MY blackberry. I'm a little confused here, did you pay for it? do you pay for my plan? my deductable? I'm fairly certain that the answer to those questions is NO, and in that case I must politly ask you to mind your own business. what I do with MY phone is MY business, I can smash it on the wall tomorrow in honor of your out of context post and get a new one if I feel like it. That is MY decision, not yours. And for you others who claim that it's people like me who "make the deductables so high" I have a simple response. SO WHAT. is that my problem? NO? I don't care, who cares if my blackberry is a toy. if I paid for it, thats my decision, I'll live with the consequences of that. I'm sorry that verizon wireless users lose their phones a lot, but even if I was one of the morons who loses their phone every day, or is constantly breaking it oh well, that's just the way the system works, if you don't like it blame verizon don't blame me. It's not my fault I want my $500.00 phone to work corretly, and it's not my fault that I pay $5 a month so I DONT HAVE TO CARE about what happens to it. That WHY we have insurance, it's not a freaking car guys, these things have no value besides a few hundred dollars. I(and I'm sure MANY others) get insurance so we can do whatever we want with our phones and not have to worry about it.
Thank those of you who will take my side on this,
and to you others, I can only hope that you will find yourself in my position in the near future and instead of receiving help you get out of context grief from users who have such a wonderful life that they find it worthwhile to spend their time on internet forums critiquing how other users choose to use their personal devices. I sympathize in advance for you for having to wake up tomorrow and look in the mirror and still be ........ YOU

You completely miss the point.. but I'm not surprised.. It is because of people like you that others pay more..

You might pay your monthly insurance, your service, etc, etc, etc.. I don't care.. BUT, by you not respecting your device, you cost others more.. others must pay more for their insurance, for their deductibles, because of people like YOU..

I could debate on and on with you about HOW YOU ARE WRONG.. but its pointless, you are obviously of the mindset that sensible arguments are worthless..

I will not respond again, we all know that you're wrong.

ShaneToronto
12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
p.s.s- the maple leafs are still a team? I was certain that they'd gone under with the rest of hockey eh. (translated into canadian for ease)

"translated into Canadian for ease"----?

I must be missing the humour here because not only does he insult the team (alright, they're 8th in their conference right now and it seems 50/50 whether they'll make it to the playoffs) but to make a lame off-hand remark towards Canada? Ignorant- isn't it?

I know this post in itself is off topic (and I know I started it), but somehow your point regarding off-topic comments in the thread becomes easily washed out when you make completely inappropriate and pointless comments like this.

I can see why you sit on your blackberry now-- you just don't know any better and you just don't get it!

Jase88
12-15-2005, 10:45 PM
This issue may also be caused by static electricity. This is often an issue when you brush across the seat as you're getting into your car....

evandt
12-16-2005, 02:35 AM
I was indeed thinking that static may be a factor in this. I'll keep you posted on the progress as it comes along, thank you for the help,

hockey puck, my comment was meant to lighten the mood, please accept my apology, but I favor the vancouver canucks sorry.

let us all take a moment of silence to be thankful we are not tomryan

tomryan
12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
let us all take a moment of silence to be thankful we are not tomryan

whoa big man.. thems fighting words... :smile:

grow up..

I realize that I wasn't going to post again, but I am having too much fun..

its ok though, I remember what I was like when I was 19-20.. I am guessing you're about 12..

:smile:

now rather than start a flame war.. let me say this.. I think you're wrong, I believe (hope) others think you're wrong on your opinion and attitude..

but now I am really done since this can no where but downhill.. Feel free to take one more swipe at me and then lets call it even..

Mantis
12-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Ok, I'm not going to say anything about how you use your own device....you are right that it is your own choice.

But from a tech support standpoint I can definately see how some people would be upset with people taking the same attitude as you "It's not my fault I want my $500.00 phone to work corretly".

I've had many people complain to me that THEIR blackberry isn't working properly and I HAVE to fix it...ok, sure, that's my job...no worries....but when I take the battery out and find that it's caked inside with dried up pop from when the BlackBerry was dropped into a glass, I shouldn't have to get yelled at for it not working.

I literally had one guy yell at me for an hour because he got upset with an email he got and threw it against the wall (chunk of plastic out of the housing prompted me to ask what happened) and I couldn't get it to work.

So, if it doesn't work because of something that you do, all I ask is that you understand that you chose to do something and that caused it not to work...it is not someone elses responsibility to make it work. (and yes, i understand that is why you have insurance on it)

Zro

I totally agree with you Zro! i get that sometimes and just lose interest and get a little mad. coffee crust i found once when i took out the battery (n)