PDA

View Full Version : Can i get pocketbreeze like layout?

pitseleh12
12-15-2009, 01:46 PM
hi, i want to get a blackberry, but really need the pocketbreeze layout, and pocketbreeze only runs on windows mobile. basically, its important that the calendar is merged with tasks in a listed, chronological order, one on top of the other. if there is no appointment or task in a date, that date is not displayed (unlike a real calendar). that way, all u see is every appointment and task in the next 30 days, and u dont have to be limited to viewing your calendar by DAY or week, or month. what i hate the most about calendars that span a bigger period of time than a day is that u just see bars of color indicating there is an appointment there, and u need to click it to see it.

if what i am looking for exists, i will get a blackberry immediately!

rambo47
12-15-2009, 01:51 PM
BlackBerrys have "Agenda View", a chronological listing of appointments and tasks. If you set it not do display free time, you will only see a appointments/tasks, not dates with no entries.

pitseleh12
12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
great. i didnt know that. that leaves my second biggest concern:

i love my vito sms-chat text messenger program bc it gives u every conversation with one person under their name, threaded, in date/time order, with color to indicate outgoing/incoming. the last time i saw a blackberry, it was somewhat threaded but i remember seeing more than one conversation with the same person in a list, and it was not clear who was speaking (outgoing versus incoming). is there a way to get something identical to sms-chat for the blackberry?

rambo47
12-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Threaded SMS on the Palm OS was the gold standard, and nobody has come close IMHO except maybe Apple. An entire conversation on Palm is represented by a single message in your inbox. On BlackBerrys, each response clutters the inbox with yet another message. Sure, open the last one and you see all the replies to that point. But it's not like Palm.

pitseleh12
12-15-2009, 08:36 PM
darn. there are so many things id miss about windows mobile. i like the stylus for a bunch of games, and ease of input. its so customizable, and it has vito sms-chat, which is so convenient. thanks for all the help, tho.