PDA

View Full Version : POP Email Providers?

flounder
12-11-2005, 09:31 AM
My SO wants a Blackberry to use with POP email. Earthink Wireless provides such a service with the RIM 957 at $49.99 per month. Are there other providers that also provide this service? We could go to her wireless phone service (Alltel) but would like to do some comparison shopping. Has to be a Mobitex reseller cause other than Alltel, no other cellular service works where we are and we get a good Mobitex signal.

AL904
12-11-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a 7250 with Earthlink, and love the Earthlink POP3 email service.

Earthlink's email can be set to only allow incoming mail from whitelisted (in your address book) email addresses. Email from senders not in your address book are sent a challenge message to verify that they come from a real person (not a spammer.) Those messages are kept in a pending folder until they are verified by the sender, or manually accepted by you. It works far better than other spam-blocking solutions. (It is very similiar to the no-longer available Mailblocks service.)

Mydnyte
12-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I know that you can set up Yahoo's e-mail client as POP3, making it usable through the Blackberry web client, but there's an extra cost.

Hotmail/MSN Mail can be set as POP3 for free.

Not saying either is desirable or not - just passing along the info as an FYI.

--Chris

Seattle18
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Gmail is the best POP3 email in my opin ion - powerful, filters, free, large capacity, etc.

nb_mitch
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Currently Yahoo mail plus costs $20/year which would allow you to forward your Yahoo mail to your BB.

WNO
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Just FYI, on T-Mobile, Yahoo mail is free, instant, and more or less integrated w/ the BB. Hotmail cannot be directly synced with the T-Mobile BIS, whether or not the premium version is used.

vividwonders
12-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Through your blackberry internet e-mail you can set up e-mail forwarding to just about any e-mail address.
No need to have a e-mail provider that provides e-mail forwarding.

jherb
12-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I have to say that I second the GMail claim. It works seamlessly with my 7100i. I also have a Yahoo! account set up that works great as well. I highly recommend Gmail though!