PDA

View Full Version : which course should I take?

cujoflutie
12-20-2009, 01:18 AM
So here's my situation: I am currently working a call center job i am comfortable with for now but not overly excited about for long term. I would like to get into the blackberry industry. I do not have a great knowledge of blackberries, I worked at RIM for a month in 2006 in their inventory department, I have an HTC dream of my own. I would like to either work for a company in the industry or possibly start a very small part time business of my own (continuing working full time at my other job) in the industry some day.

My local college is offering 2 courses related to blackberries; Blackberry Support followed by Blackberry Enterprise Server Administration (Enterprise is offered first). I am looking for some insight as to what kind of skills and job opportunities I would acquire from either course and if it makes sense to take both or should I just take one or the other. Here are the course descriptions:

Support
The student will learn basic operations for the Blackberry Enterprise Solution and how to deal with supporting the Blackberry Smartphone and blackberry enabled smartphone in a blackberry enterprise enviroment on Microsoft Exchange. This course will prepare you to write the Blackberry Certification BCP-211. Becoming certified will enhance your professional credibility by providing confirmed proof of your skills and knowledge related to Blackberry solutions.

Enterprise Server Administration
This course provides a way to improve familiarity with the installation, management interface, troubleshooting techniques, and the task associated with day to day operation of the Blackberry enterprise Solution. This course will prepare you to write the Blackberry Certification BCP-410. Becoming certified will enhance your professional credibility by providing confirmed proof of your skills and knowledge related to blackberry Solutions.