PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Denies PPC/PDA/Blackberry MMS Picturemail, Still

JackyRock
12-22-2009, 07:11 AM
hi friends,

Sprint has been doing a good job in the Windows Mobile device launches with the HTC Mogul, HTC Touch and Motorola Q9c. The problem has always been that none of the Windows Mobile devices for Sprint supported native Picturemail sending or receiving. It was always possible to received a MMS (Picturemail), but the message was received with a web link for viewing the attachments. However unconventional, the entire PPC Sprint community relied on PPCGeeks coming through with a MMS cab installer. Unfortunately the days of manually installing a MMS (Picturemail) solution have ended and the MMS hack is no longer working on the Sprint network.We have been following this story for the past month, but at this point it seems that the MMS hack will never work again. We would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to go ahead and hop over to the BuzzWireless forums to sign the petition to enable MMS on Sprint’s Windows Mobile/PDA devices. The sad part about all of this is that every other carrier offers native MMS for their PDA/Pocket PCs/Blackberries. Let’s all hope that Sprint decides to see the desire for MMS capabilities in all of their devices and not limiting MMS usage for standard flip phones.

Let’s be honest, even the Sidekick has native Picture Mail support and Sprint can’t come through with some native MMS support for the HTC Touch?

dankarlinski
12-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Interesting.... Shouldn't this be in off topic though? Not really a blackberry post... Oh well, neat stuff anyways

rambo47
12-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Pssst....... This is BlackBerryforums.com...... Not many folks here really care about Windows Mobile. In fact, we kinda laugh at all it's failings. I'm just sayin.... :-)

I get MMS messages without any weblink on my BlackBerry Tour. I hate those stupid weblinks to retrieve pictures. Wifey-pooh's iPhone 2G has to use weblinks. That makes me laugh too.

aiharkness
12-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Wirelessly posted (8820)

What is Sprint again?

jsconyers
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Sprint means to run at full speed :razz:

I believe his post said something about a cab and a window. So I am assuming that he means you need to Sprint after a cab and jump through the window if you can't catch a ride any other way. He mush be from NYC.