PDA

View Full Version : locked out of my 7100g

zerocool5468
12-12-2005, 12:06 PM
ok here's the deal, i'm very new to the blackberry line and was messing around with my new 7100g the other day and accidentaly/somehow managed to lock myself out of the phone. when i tried to use it it required a password, to which i have no idea. i must have set it some how. any ideas as to how i can fix this MAJOR problem? thanks for any input.

josh

bdestephen
12-12-2005, 12:11 PM
If you type the password incorrectly 10 times in a row, it will erase the BlackBerry. Including the password, email, and settings.

johnson_hsu
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
ok here's the deal, i'm very new to the blackberry line and was messing around with my new 7100g the other day and accidentaly/somehow managed to lock myself out of the phone. when i tried to use it it required a password, to which i have no idea. i must have set it some how. any ideas as to how i can fix this MAJOR problem? thanks for any input.

josh

you might want to make sure that it's the blackberry that's stopping you from making the phone. when a blackberry locks, everything is locked... if you're only asked for password when initiating a call, the SIM card could be the problem...

zerocool5468
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
well thanks for the fast replies guys, i appreciate it. it's just a shame to know that i'm probably going to lose my saved stuff. i'll check the sim card thing, that could be a problem. thanks again,

josh