PDA

View Full Version : Strange Alert Icon

neule
12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Has anyone seen a yellow rectangular icon with a blue downward arrow in the icon on the top left on the home screen immediately above the email notification icon? I cannot get it to disappear and neither Cingular nor Blackberry technical have an answer Thanks.

MegaBit
12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
It's a push content alert - did you subscribe to a push weather update and select the homepage icon option?

To clear it, open the browser, open the bookmarks (shortcut K), open the Browser Channels, and select the one(s) in there.

The Alert icon will clear off the home screen.

neule
12-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks very much. How did you know that? It's a push content alert - did you subscribe to a push weather update and select the homepage icon option?

To clear it, open the browser, open the bookmarks (shortcut K), open the Browser Channels, and select the one(s) in there.

The Alert icon will clear off the home screen.

MegaBit
12-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks very much. How did you know that?

I think the last page of the Getting Started Guide that came with the 8700c has a color icon legend. Otherwise, I was confused and almost had to use a magnifying glass to see what that thing was on the display and ask the same question here.