PDA

View Full Version : dialing from the side of the directory

kpbuck
12-12-2005, 03:10 PM
on all of my previous BBs, 7290, 7210 etc. i could use the keypad while in the phone mode to access and dial numbers. with the 8700 it appears that function no longer works and i have to use the keypad while in the address mode. wondered if there was a keystroke i was missing or whether or thats just how life is here with the 8700.

nb_mitch
12-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I wish the phone worked like the email, where you can just type the first letter of the name and with each letter it narrows the list down.

indysully
12-12-2005, 03:46 PM
on all of my previous BBs, 7290, 7210 etc. i could use the keypad while in the phone mode to access and dial numbers. with the 8700 it appears that function no longer works and i have to use the keypad while in the address mode. wondered if there was a keystroke i was missing or whether or thats just how life is here with the 8700.

I just migrated from the 7290 to the 8700c this weekend and I noticed this. I thought maybe a shortcut needed to be added, but it looks like the functionality is not the same. I just went back to my 7290 to verify this is the way it worked and sure enough - you can look up from the phone book from the phone.

Seems like we lost a bit of something here.

gkolleng
12-12-2005, 03:58 PM
I wish the phone worked like the email, where you can just type the first letter of the name and with each letter it narrows the list down.
My 8700 works like this. When I access the address book and start typing a name, the list narrows down with each letter. Is this what you were referring to; did I misunderstand your comment??

mobitex
12-12-2005, 03:58 PM

From the home screen, if you press the green (send) key, it will take you to the phone app. If you press the green (send) key AND HOLD IT FOR A SECOND, it will take you to the "dial from the address book" screen. *Very* handy!

Stinsonddog
12-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Dial by Name.

See my tips doc below.

gkolleng
12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
From the home screen, if you press the green (send) key, it will take you to the phone app. If you press the green (send) key AND HOLD IT FOR A SECOND, it will take you to the "dial from the address book" screen. *Very* handy!
Yup, or if "dial from home screen" is off, you can press "a" to go to address book.

indysully
12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Dial by Name.

See my tips doc below.

Thanks. I have not quite gotten to the document yet. I have some plane time in my travel this week and it will be in my reading folder.

Cheers.

nb_mitch
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
My 8700 works like this. When I access the address book and start typing a name, the list narrows down with each letter. Is this what you were referring to; did I misunderstand your comment??

Yes, that is what I am talking about. My address book and when composing an email works that way, but not the phone.

The next few posts that talk about holding down the "send key" do the trick, thanks :)

kpbuck
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Yo Stinson, thats great info thanks alot, thanks for sharing!
:del: