PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to MSN Messenger without buying software?

Midnight
12-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Is it possible to use MSN Messenger on the 7100x without having to buy additional software? Give I can use other MSN services like hotmail and news for free I was hoping Messenger would follow suit.

finch
12-12-2005, 03:22 PM
eMSN is a free app but you will be billed for data.

VR6
12-12-2005, 08:28 PM
yak-on is in beta right now and works nicely...they aren't charging for it YET

FlyBnJ
12-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I am trying to get yak-on to work on my 7100g. I am on the suncom network. Emsn doesn't work either, they won't connect. Any ideas?

Falu09
07-21-2006, 02:17 PM
If i use eMSN, how do they bill you for data? is it billed by your service provider? i have unlimited data so i want to make sure that it's not some other type of charge

Falu09
07-21-2006, 03:24 PM
I just downloaded eMSN and it wont connect? I input username and password and it doenst work

fizz
07-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I just downloaded and installed via DM and it works fine for me so far, I see my buddy list.

Falu09
07-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I just downloaded and installed via DM and it works fine for me so far, I see my buddy list.

How did you use DM to install it? I downloaded it from getjar.com It said to use my BB browser to point to wap.GetJar.com and enter some download code. Did you download it from somewhere else?

Also, how can I delete the version I downloaded off my BB?

fizz
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
How did you use DM to install it? I downloaded it from getjar.com It said to use my BB browser to point to wap.GetJar.com and enter some download code. Did you download it from somewhere else?

Also, how can I delete the version I downloaded off my BB?

first, go to your desktop manager and "add/remove programs" then remove the existing emsn that you have there.

Then, go to F U N R U N G A M E S . C O M (http://www.funrungames.com/dlemsn.php) <--CLICK, and download the file labeled "eMSN_c.zip", save, and then extract and then using DM, install the .alx file from there.

rjw3000
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
just use the web based MSN Messenger, go to mobile.msn.com and you should see a link for MSN Messenger there. Works good enough for me, I am hoping they make a RIM one like Yahoo Messenger.

Falu09
07-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks, I was ablet o delete the first install (however not through DM) and I installed it using eMSN_c.zip. However, i still get the same error when trying to connect: "Login error: connection-problem write". Anyone else experience this error?

As for Mobile MSN, it works great, so i'll use that until i get eMSN working.

thriller
07-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Now that MSN and yahoo can communicate with eachother why not use the yahoo messenger and add your msn contacts that way. It works for the desktop so give it a shot for the mobile, it jsut might work.

fourstringfuror
09-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Is there an OTA download for eMSN? I have not installed DM on my home laptop and would like to get eMSN running this weekend.

siliconvalley785
09-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks, I was ablet o delete the first install (however not through DM) and I installed it using eMSN_c.zip. However, i still get the same error when trying to connect: "Login error: connection-problem write". Anyone else experience this error?

As for Mobile MSN, it works great, so i'll use that until i get eMSN working.

did you go into options/settings then tcp and apn and complete the apn, username, and password. I'm not sure of the settings for Cingular, SunCom, and Dobson. If you're using T-Mobile, then next to apn type wap.voicestream.com and leave the username and password blank.

What carrier are you using?

Pritesh

Spencer_CDS
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
did you go into options/settings then tcp and apn and complete the apn, username, and password. I'm not sure of the settings for Cingular, SunCom, and Dobson. If you're using T-Mobile, then next to apn type wap.voicestream.com and leave the username and password blank.

What carrier are you using?

Pritesh

For Cingular, the settings should be as follows (case-sensitive):
APN: wap.cingular
Username: WAP@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1

Spencer_CDS
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
If i use eMSN, how do they bill you for data? is it billed by your service provider? i have unlimited data so i want to make sure that it's not some other type of charge

It might vary by provider; Cingular, for example, will bill you per-kilobyte unless you have an unlimited plan. They have the whole list of different plans/features and such on their site (http://www.cingular.com/dataconnect).

Also, depending on how the client operates, you might also get data and SMS charges. Look into it with both your provider as well as the software manufacturer.