PDA

View Full Version : 8700 R Bugs

Wickwire
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Well I have been using my 8700R for approx a Week now and I must say it is great I am very happy thus far... I am not looking forward to my first bill tho with speed of the browser it makes it much more useable.. And MP3 ringers its Great...
I don't have a couple of cocerns tho... Plastic Case seems cheap no where near the durabilty of my old 7290.. Also I miss the arrow keys on the "O" & "P".. there are also a couple of bugs I have noticed... First off if you got the Pictures Icon and want to change the stand by screen image it is not possible only options are set as home screen and reset home screen as far as I have heard From a freind @<hidden> RIM this will be addressed in the next build... also if you click the NUM button on the bottom left it doesn't activate the numbers it makes your letters CAPS.. No word on this yet... Also on some messages where there should be a space in the sentence there is little black boxes no word on this yet either overall I am very happy with my 8700R best device yet... Eat your heart out trio...

Stinsonddog
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
The arrow up means caps. The NUM is a reference to if you click that key and ALT you get number lock. See my tips link below. Good luck.

also if you click the NUM button on the bottom left it doesn't activate the numbers it makes your letters CAPS.. .

takeshi
12-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Rule of thumb is that you always hit the Alt key to produce the other characters on the keys.