PDA

View Full Version : E-mail spam filter for the 8700?

DaMaDo
12-12-2005, 06:31 PM
I have my domain forwarding e-mail to my blackberry e-mail. Is there a program I can buy that will filter out spam messages using the stock e-mail message program?

KonTiki
12-12-2005, 07:05 PM
A lot of us here forward to gmail and then forward that in turn to the bb, it is fast, it is easy, and more important it is free, And lastly the gmail spam filters are super.

DaMaDo
12-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey thanks! I have it set up to forward then forward...still comes in super fast.

Are there any settings I need to change for gmail or are the spam filters already active and working?

mas90guru
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Before gmail I used spamcop.net which also allows you to forward into the service and then in turn forward back to another email address. Very effective.

takeshi
12-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Definitely don't send anything directly to your BWC/BIS address. Once you start getting spam to it, you're pretty much hosed as there's no way to implement filtering at that point.

KonTiki
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey thanks! I have it set up to forward then forward...still comes in super fast.

Are there any settings I need to change for gmail or are the spam filters already active and working?

Already active, in my case i seldom get much spam. I have also set some filters on it so that not all gmail mail gets forwarded. Some of the mail I get there i archive it directly bypassing the inbox altogether.

pollster
12-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I am using spam arrest. My BB 8700 receives these two email accounts: First- home email with cable cox.net address and second is my business which uses a local phone company mail .com address / what is gmail and can I use it based on home email and seperate business email address I presently using. Is spam arrest my best option??
Thanks

franzey
08-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Hate to dig up an old thread, but has anyone successfully gotten spamarrest to work with BIS? If so, what are the settings you used?