PDA

View Full Version : 8700c + VeriChat + AT&T (Cingular Blue)

webtoker
12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Has anyone got this working? I have tried all the normal APN settings and nothing seems to work. I always get "failed to transmit" . I called and talk to 2 different reps and they promised that there was nothing more they could add to my account. They said since I was an AT&T client, that all the internet / data services should be working. I do have the unlimited bb plan. I also am a hosted bes user but they don't offer MDS. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Calvin

gamsberry
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
duplicate

gamsberry
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Has anyone got this working? I have tried all the normal APN settings and nothing seems to work. I always get "failed to transmit" . I called and talk to 2 different reps and they promised that there was nothing more they could add to my account. They said since I was an AT&T client, that all the internet / data services should be working. I do have the unlimited bb plan. I also am a hosted bes user but they don't offer MDS. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Calvin

When I first got my 8700 I used the Blue SIM from my 7290 in it. Verichat worked fine, as it had with the 7290. Unfortunately I migrated to Orange last week so I can't check any settings for you. Works fine there too, though I did need a new key. I am on a BES with MDS.

webtoker
12-12-2005, 11:24 PM
I noticed if I create a connection with MidSSH using the TCP/IP option, it works. If I switch to the BES option I get the same error Verichat gives me.