PDA

View Full Version : Storm 2 Wifi

Mahoganyjoint
01-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Basically my wifi is not prioritizing over 3G when im on the internet, i have an internet plan with vodafone its not a problem that im using it but i want to use wifi because its faster....

when i turn off mobile network the wifi works fine but when its turned on it always uses 3G instead of wifi, the wifi is always has the white image in the top corner but when i go onto browser it will go back to 3G.... help8-)

tsac
01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
When the default browser configuration is specified as Internet Browser or BlackBerry Browser, the browser will automatically switch depending on how the BlackBerry smartphone is connected (for example, the Wi-FiŽ Browser will automatically be used if the BlackBerry smartphone connects successfully to a Wi-Fi network). If the default browser is set to Wi-Fi Browser or Hotspot Browser, it will only browse with a Wi-Fi connection.

To change the default browser configuration to Internet Browser or BlackBerry Browser. To perform this, complete the following steps:
From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser.
Change the value of the field Default browser configuration to Internet Browser or BlackBerry Browser.
Open the menu and click Save.

Mahoganyjoint
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
i have no blackberry browser option to click, just internet browser-my web-hotspot browser.

tsac
01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Automatic Wi-FiŽ Selection Mode is the default mode for BlackBerry smartphones. Automatic Wi-Fi Selection Mode allows the BlackBerry smartphone to switch automatically to an appropriate Wi-Fi network when the BlackBerry smartphone user moves through Wi-Fi coverage areas. The BlackBerry smartphone selects Wi-Fi networks based on the order on the Saved Wi-Fi Profiles list.

Manual Wi-Fi Selection Mode allows the BlackBerry smartphone user to select the Wi-Fi networks to which the BlackBerry smartphone will attempt to connect.

To switch between automatic and manual Wi-FiŽ Selection Mode, complete the following steps:

In Options, click Wi-Fi Connections.
Highlight the Wi-Fi Selection Mode field.
Press the Menu key.
From the Wi-Fi Connections menu, click Change Option.
Click a Wi-Fi Selection Mode.
Press the Menu key.
From the Wi-Fi Connections menu, click Save to change the Wi-Fi Selection Mode.

Mahoganyjoint
01-03-2010, 07:39 PM
it dosent have a Automatic Wi-FiŽ Selection Mode anywhere in the wi-fi connections menu.

just...
enable single profile scanning
prompt me for manual connection or login
saved profiles

tsac
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
try going here and search, maybe you can find more info to control your connection.

BlackBerry - Support & Services (http://www.blackberry.com/support)

or here

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=http--docsblackberrycom-en-smartphoneusers-deliveartphones-LearnMore--646527-1009041956-001-50-USpdf&sliceId=pdfPage_4&docTypeID=DT_PRODUCTDOCUMENTATION_1_1&dialogID=258926765&stateId=1%200%20258922727

Mahoganyjoint
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
ok cheers for the help :smile: