PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Ringtones from Storm to Storm 2.

Rangerfan6811
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I just purchased the Storm 2 today and had everything transferred except my ringtones. I need to know if there is any possible way to get my ringtones from my Storm on to my Storm 2. They were not purchased through Verizon and I have a lot and would be a pain to download them all again.

Motorcycle Mama
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Where did the ringtones come from originally?
What file format are they?
Are then on the Media Card or in the Device Memory?

Rangerfan6811
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
They originally came from myxer.com. I took a file from my computer, edited it with the site, sent it to my phone and then downloaded and saved it onto my phones memory, not the media card. Also I believe they are in mp3.rem (whatever that means?).

Motorcycle Mama
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Ah, well the .rem suffix means that you had encryption enabled on your previous phone and the files were encrypted to that device.

You can try turning off the encryption on the old device and see if the .rem is removed from the files. It's possible, however, that it won't be. I seem to recall previous posters experiencing issues with files that had been saved to the BlackBerry while the encryption was enabled.

If you have them still on your computer, then it might be possible and possibly easier to just copy them from your computer to the Media Card.

Note that it's typically advised to keep media files on the card to free up device memory.