PDA

View Full Version : Email Clumping

cookes713
12-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey Gents and Ladies

I was just wondering if anyone has seen an issues with their emails clumping. I switched from a7290 to the 8700 and now appear to be getting my emails in clumps rather then individually. Just wondering if anyone has seen this or if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this...for the most part, ran through everything possible. Let me know if you think that there is something more that I can do..ps, on the bes

Wiped handheld, generate new encryption keys, uninstall re-install desktop manager, re-install hh software through advanced options in app loader, right now waiting on my it group to remove/readd to bes, redid ent. activation...

nb_mitch
12-13-2005, 09:12 AM
I don't know how a bes works, it sounds like it is polling like a BIS webclient would about every 15 minutes. I have my email forwarded so they get sent immediately from my pop3 mail server.

TheDarkSheppard
12-13-2005, 09:36 AM
[Wiped handheld, generate new encryption keys, uninstall re-install desktop manager, re-install hh software through advanced options in app loader, right now waiting on my it group to remove/readd to bes, redid ent. activation..]

This could also be a BES issue - have the BES admin bring up your STATS on the server and send you several emails. If the stats do not update in real time and then send a bulk after ten minutes or more the BES could have issues with communicating with the Exchange / Lotus / Groupwise server.

just a thought

caggie01
12-13-2005, 11:21 PM
I have an 8700c and experienced the same problem occasionally. I notice when I check my enterprise activation, everything shows completed excep, Email Settings and Email FIlters still show initalizing. It's been this way since Ipurchased the unit after TG. I'm on a BES took the SIM out of my cell and
put it in my 8700. This was a different number than my 7290 it's replacing.

I then went through the normal loading process with the desktop manager and it picked up the new PIN, etc. I seem to get emial and pone calls OK, the question is does the enterprie acitivation need to show all tasks as complete?