BBQueen2005
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Aol instant messenger free

http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/

This does not use your text messages.

Enjoy!

lraed74
12-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Obviously you havent done a SEARCH on this forum, there are multiple posts in regards to this software and many other AIM clients.

gregg
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Obviously you havent done a SEARCH on this forum, there are multiple posts in regards to this software and many other AIM clients.

anyone know how to config profiles for ramble? no specific line-item in the profiles like there is with webmessenger...

lraed74
12-13-2005, 10:31 AM
gregg - you might want to post or search on this thread for your question. I use another AIM client for the most part but here is the thread...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=140848&highlight=ramble+profiles#post140848

VidGameKing
12-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Aol instant messenger free

http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/

This does not use your text messages.

Enjoy!

Whoa It's like you think were all complete idiots, and don't know what software is available for our BB! A real quick search on "Ramble" would have produced several threads pertaining to the subject... sheesh!

dwlace01
12-13-2005, 10:54 AM
while i already knew about this software. I will say thank you for taking your time to tell me about it again. With out people like you who are willing to share your information...no one would hear about anything. Do take the time though and search the forums...

dtmfjunkie
12-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Why can't people relax with the "Search Forum" replies...just skip the thread.

Everyone on this forum is strung so tight...must be all the berry-crack ;)

wangta01
12-14-2005, 01:22 PM
No kidding, relax guys. So he posted something that was already posted! I didn't even know about this (nor did i know the name), so searching wouldn't have done crap.

If it annoys you that much, please just ignore the post!

nb_mitch
12-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Funny, I don't think people here are strung that tight at all, when I first saw this post by "BBQueen2005", I assumed it was merely a Advertisement by Ramble, posted under a made-up name.

ad65
12-15-2005, 10:51 AM
For any users who have unlocked 8700 and using Tmobile, the OZ messenger software works like a charm. Only downside of course is that it uses SMS.

stevew
12-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Would be real sweet if RIM would bring an MSN IM client to market using the same technology as the Yahoo or BB Messenger, since more of us use MSN than anything else...probably never happen due to the relationship between Microsoft and RIM though...BB IM's unlike all others, are perfectly stable and and no matter what anyones says, there are issues with the aftermarket IM clients, every one of them. I use Verichat for the most part, but it has issues as well...have tried Yak-on and a few others, but each one of them has it's own anomolies...I find that Verichat is about the best of the worst...and at that, its far from perfect...

sfo
12-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I downloaded ramble, but when I tried to use it, i got a dialog bos which says "Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel - failed"

Anyone know what I did wrong...or more importantly, what to do to make it work?

KonTiki
12-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I downloaded ramble, but when I tried to use it, i got a dialog bos which says "Invalid Connection String: could not open tunnel - failed"

A quick search: Ramble could not open tunnel turned this up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
In order to provide a one-stop location for Ramble users to find a valid configuration for their device/carrier, I'm creating this thread. The configurations listed below should work allow you to use Ramble.

Please take a look at the following configurations, listed by device model and carrier. If you have a configuration working, but it isn't listed, please post to the thread. If you have a problem with one of the configurations listed below, please post to this thread.

All configs presume no BES/MDS service.

Cingular 7100g
Cellular Plan: Cingular ISP Plan
TCP Configured: Yes
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: ?
Options -> Ramble IM -> TOC Host & Port: toc.oscar.aol.com:1290 APN: isp.cingular
Username: ISPDA@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1
Account should be configured for ISP (Instructions: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?p=34023)
T-Mobile 7100t
Cellular Plan: T-Mobile Blackberry Unlimited Plan
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: Device Default
Options -> Ramble IM -> TOC Host & Port: toc.oscar.aol.com:1290
TCP Configured (Yes/No): Yes APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username: phone number (or blank)
Password: T-mobile website password (or blank)
T-Mobile 7730
?

Verizon 7750
May not work without MDS

Cingular 7780
?

Nextel 7520
Cellular Plan: NEXTEL (Unlimited BlackBerry)
TCP Configured (Yes/No): Yes (By Default)

Nextel 7510
Cellular Plan: NEXTEL (Unlimited BlackBerry)
TCP Configured (Yes/No): Yes (By Default)

Cingular 7230
?

T-Mobile 7230
Cellular Plan: TMO BB unlimited enterprise
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: Device default
Options -> Ramble IM -> TOC Host & Port: toc.oscar.aol.com:80
TCP Configured (Yes/No): yes APN: wap.voicestream.com
Verizon 7250
Cellular Plan: Verizon unlimited data
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: Use Device TCP
No option for TCP configuration on Verizon

Cingular 7280
?

T-Mobile 7290
Cellular Plan: TMO BB unlimited enterprise
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: Device default
Options -> Ramble IM -> TOC Host & Port: toc.oscar.aol.com:80
TCP Configured (Yes/No): yes APN: wap.voicestream.com
Cingular 7290
Cellular Plan: ?
Options -> Ramble IM -> Network Connection: Use Device TCP
Options -> Ramble IM -> TOC Host & Port: to.oscar.aol.com:8080
TCP Configured (Yes/No): yes APN: wap.cingular
Username for APN: WAP@<hidden>
Password for APN: CINGULAR1

sfo
12-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks, KnoTiki...but with nothing for the 8700, I'l just delete it.

n1976jmk
12-18-2005, 03:38 PM
i get same message using a 8700c unlocked on tmo.. rambler can u update us on how to get it to work?

also, where i adjust those settings about apn and username and password? i dont see them under options-rambler im?

thanks,
jon

compscibOi
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM

Dont use ramble :) I use AIM+

stealthx32
04-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Any resolutions here? I had this working great on my 7100t. Today, I get my new 8700g...and I install this, and no dice. wap.voicestream.com is in, and it seems to work fine (Google Maps works great), but I got nothing here. My father has the same issue w/ his 8700c (also on T-Mo).

dkf747
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I had to go to options > ramble and change it to toc.oscar.aol.com:80 to get it to work.

djeddiebear
04-27-2006, 03:01 AM
When I first got my 8700c I tried every AIM client out there: IM+, Yak-On, WebMessenger, Verichat, Ramble, etc.

Personally I've just been using GoogleTalk for AIM (search). I use it because it (a) has a shortcut key from Home Screen [letter G], and (b) has a notification icon similar to BB Messenger. Those are the two biggest things I was looking for. It is also pretty stable compared to most other clients. Another plus is that it can store your conversations in your G-mail account.

Eddie.

stealthx32
04-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I like GoogleTalk...too bad I don't know anyone who uses it. :(

Anyways, I'm an idiot. I spelled voicestream without an r. :razz:

djeddiebear
04-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I like GoogleTalk...too bad I don't know anyone who uses it. :(

You can setup Google Talk to talk to your friends on AIM:

http://blackberryforums.com/showpost.php?p=189899&postcount=61