PDA

View Full Version : Bold 9000 on BIS via Wifi : No Gmail

iporter69
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I have noticed over the last few months that my Bold no longer has connection issues via Wifi/BIS (ie I get a white wifi icon now) and can only assume a software upgrade has fixed the earlier connection issues I was having.

However, I am running Tinyline Gmail for mobile (beta) version 2.0.6.1269 and cannot get my mail. When I refresh I get a message 'This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength'.

All other programs and services function perfectly.

Any ideas out there?

tsac
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Sounds like the App thinks it must use the Cell data service and not the WiFi or the other way around.
I would check to see if you can option it to work on both or maybe an option was changed. I looked at the web site for google mobile and cannot find any specific information on using the app on WiFi but it may work. Also options are not listed at that site, at least that I can find.

I just noticed you have a 7290 in your profile. If thats so it does NOT have WiFI but a Bold does

MidnightDraven
01-08-2010, 04:50 AM
tsac, it wouldn't have mattered in looking at google.
Its not google's own gmail app, its called Tinyline Gmail.

OP contact the developers.

iporter69
01-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Sounds like the App thinks it must use the Cell data service and not the WiFi or the other way around.
I would check to see if you can option it to work on both or maybe an option was changed. I looked at the web site for google mobile and cannot find any specific information on using the app on WiFi but it may work. Also options are not listed at that site, at least that I can find.

I just noticed you have a 7290 in your profile. If thats so it does NOT have WiFI but a Bold does

The 7290 is long gone! I have only the Bold now. Profile will be updates

dankarlinski
01-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Getting a blackberry data plan usually helps this too...

MidnightDraven
01-08-2010, 08:16 AM
The OP has a white wi-fi icon and connects to BIS, therefore has a data plan.

The tinyline gmail app is a beta, its likely to does not yet support working over wi-fi.
Again, I suggest contacting the developers.