PDA

View Full Version : Trying to retrieve my numbers!

skimp
01-07-2010, 10:10 PM
This post is my last resort...
I own a blackberry curve that has totally broken. I have recently backed up my BB using the Desktop Manager. I am going to be using a different phone for a while but need to retrieve my numbers. I have the .bbb file from backing up my phone. My question is... Is there a way I can read this file with a program to see my names / numbers. It turns out my numbers for the most part weren't saved to my sim, but mostly to my phone. I also need some way to get all my backed up text messages. (I have these in another .bbb file)
Is there an easy way of doing this? I have access to a mac and pc.
Thanks in advanced,
-Skimp

tsac
01-07-2010, 10:17 PM
The backup creates a file with IPD extension. Do a google search and you will find a few readers available.

good luck

skimp
01-07-2010, 10:19 PM
The extension, if were talking the file type... is .bbb
Is .bbb not the extension?

NJBlackBerry
01-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Are you using a PC or a Mac?

tsac
Rim states IPD and mine on my computer is IPD.

tsac
Search your computer for IPD extension

skimp
01-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Just did some google research. Im using a Mac, so the mac saved the files as .bbb
Will the same ipd programs work with these .bbb files? Im having trouble finding a free program!

tsac
01-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I believe I saw one that did work on a MAc. Do a google search

" read IPD files"

tsac
01-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor (http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html)

Try this

skimp
01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
That looks exactly like what I need..... BUT now we have another problem. I do not have access to a pc anymore, brother took the laptop out of town. I could use a friends but still can't find a program to convert BBB to IPD and the program linked only reads IPD.
Any suggestions?

rambo47
01-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Your screwed unless you did a backup or sync to your Mac recently. if that backup was on the pc that went out of town then you have no backup file to work with. If you can do another backup now with the broken BB you might be able to get it done as described above.

If you did a sync to your Mac, and if you're getting another BB, you can just sync it to your Mac. You will get all the Mac contacts onto your new BB that way. Just be sure to tell Mac Desktop Manager to "Combine Contacts" rather than overwrite anything. And do a backup of your Mac before syncing your new BB as sometimes that first sync does stupid things.

If it's not another BlackBerry you're getting you might still be able to sync with your Mac. Nova Media (http://www.novamedia.de/en/software.html) makes iSync Plugins (you have to pay for 'em) for a variety of phones that lets them sync with your Mac via iSync. I've used them for a variety of Nokia phones, but they also support a ton of other brands. Plus they have a new app for some of the Samsung phones called Fone Sync.

hichamchami
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Actually, the latest version of ABC Amber (8.0X) reads BBB as well.... but you need a PC