PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help needed - download problems

kcjefff
12-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Sorry if this has been covered in another thread. I have searched the forum and can't find anything about it. I am having problems getting things downloaded. I have gone to several sites including midlet.org and when I try to download a .jar or .jad, I get the error

"HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable
The page you are trying to load is not supported by the browser. Please try loading a different page."

I looked at the details and it shows the j2me type and everything, so I can't figure out what the deal is. I have an 8700c and we run at BES at work, but I don't really know much about that whole setup (I don't think our admin does either. We are all new to BBs)

Also, I have tried emailing myself mp3 ringers I made in Audacity to my corp. email and hotmail, and I don't get the attachment in either. Any help is much appreciated.

nb_mitch
12-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Maybe your BES is blocking you from downloading software or getting attachments.

kcjefff
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I wondered about that. I have emailed the admin to find out. He wouldn't be able to block hotmail attachments, though, would he? I read another thread about emailing to Gmail, so I thought I could use hotmail. Maybe I will sign up for Gmail real quick.