PDA

View Full Version : No longer have a Blackberry - Delivery failure on emails?

robind30
01-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I got a new phone a few weeks ago and no longer have my Blackberry. When people send emails to my ISP account (Comcast), they get delivery failure notices like this:

Your message:
To: blah@<hidden>
Subject:
Sent Date: Fri Jan 08 17:59:58 2010
has not been delivered to the recipient's BlackBerry Handheld.

I can't figure out how to disassociate my BB with my ISP account. I can't log on to sprint.blackberry because it says my account is inactive.
Any advice?

Motorcycle Mama
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Call Sprint and have them release the PIN from the BlackBerry from your account.

Dubdub
01-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Another reason NOT to use that address. Did you forward email to the carrier's BB account? That is what it appears is happening anyway.

Might try calling Sprint to see if that can delete it. Might also try deleting the forward with Comcast.

Dubdub
01-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Call Sprint and have them release the PIN from the BlackBerry from your account.

I don't think it is a PIN issue,. Looks to me like the OP had his/her comcast account forwarded to the Sprint account.

robind30
01-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok. Thank you guys! Called Sprint and had my email accounts deleted from the servers.

No, they weren't forwarded from my ISP account. I wish it was because then I would've just been able to stop the forwarding.

Dubdub
01-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Glad you got it fixed.