PDA

View Full Version : BIS: not connected?? but email is working

christian499
01-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey everyone!

I just got my new BB9700 last week, and activated the email service via the tmobile website, I have a plan including a data volume and the blackberry package.

The email now work fine but the thing is under "manage connections" it says for the Blackberry internet service: not connested. And if I try to run applications like the facebook app or the blackberry world app it says that no data connection is availabe or "change your plan so that it includes data service"?

anyone got an idea what went wrong? the BIS is responsible for receiving emails, am I right?

cheers!

rambo47
01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Yes, BIS gets all your data, which includes email. When the data service is reported as unavailable, could it be a temporary thing where you're standing at that particular moment? Like a dead spot? Sometimes you can get a weak cell signal but no data connection. Walk a little and suddenly the data connection becomes active as coverage improves.

If you have no active BlackBerry Internet Service at all, call T-Mobile and have them double-check (and triple-check) to ensure your account is provisioned properly. I'm constantly amazed at how often a carrier - all carriers - screws this up.

christian499
01-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey, thanks for your response
at home i got 3G coverage and a pretty good signal, everything works just fine exept the BIS connection, but i think your right and tmobile screwed it up. I already called the service line but they had no idea what i was taling about so i might go to the shop today,
lets hope the best

christian499
01-13-2010, 03:55 AM
tmobile fixed it, i think it was a problem with the service books, thanks to all!