PDA

View Full Version : 7130e Locks Up!

OhioX9
12-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I have been experiencing lock up's that require a reboot when playing games on the 7130e. OK, I know these are only games, but they are either games supplied with the device (Brickbreaker) or via Blackberry's Home Page located in the browzer (Meteorcrusher). While I have not experienced any lock up's with core phone, messaging, and PIM functions, it still bothers me that ANYTHING locks up. Knowing that other 3rd party software can cause unusual symptoms I have installed relatively few with those being Berry411, Texas Hold'em King, and the above mentioned Meteorcrusher.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Any suggestions for a solution?

Thanks!

DrJerry
12-13-2005, 09:43 PM
I also installed Meteocrusher and the phone locked up. I reinstalled the OS...and it runs fine now when I play brickbreaker. If I download ANYTHING else...she locks up right away! I haven't been able to find a solution.

souvy32
12-13-2005, 11:48 PM
I've had the same problems with the games. After turning the volume to mute, it didn't crash anymore. I'd recommend giving that a try. Let me know if it works for you, cheers.

MadMonkey
12-14-2005, 12:50 AM
my 7130e doesn't lock up, but somehow, i've lost the menu indicator for Texas Holdem King.. and also, for the first time today, emails started deleting itself?? i have reset the until (cold boot) and still, haven't gotten back the menu indicator.. has this happend to anyone??

eTron
12-16-2005, 05:23 PM
I also installed Meteocrusher and the phone locked up. I reinstalled the OS...and it runs fine now when I play brickbreaker. If I download ANYTHING else...she locks up right away! I haven't been able to find a solution.

same problem... same game

OhioX9
12-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Disclaimer:
I tried searching so I apologize if this has already been covered.

What's involved in reinstalling the OS? I've tried seaching Blackberry's site and can niether find the software or any tech publications on the subject. I turned the games down to mute and have not suffered any more lockups but it would be good to know how to restore the phone to factory defaults.

Thanks!