PDA

View Full Version : Can't intellisync my 5810

Steve Eskow
12-13-2005, 11:54 PM
I just bought a new 5810 on eBay;I'm not particularly computer or hardware literate, and my troubles have started.

Clicking on the Intellisync icon tells me my handheld isn't in the cradle, and of course it is. Apparently the device can't find my com port: tells me something else may be taking that port. What could it be? What do I do?

Zro
12-15-2005, 02:59 AM
in desktop manager, go to Options > Connection settings. Make sure you have the BlackBerry in the cradle. Click the detect button. If it finds it, problem solved. If not, find out why the com port is not working with your computer and blackberry.

Zro

Steve Eskow
12-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks, Zro: my problem is that the com port works with my Palm but Blackerry's Desktop Manager tells me it can't find the com port, and I don't know enough about computers to check out what's wrong.

Steve Eskow

Zro
12-17-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure how the Palm software works, but I'm wondering if it has "taken control" of the com port.

COM port issues can be rough to fix....and there's lots of little settings that you can try to change. If you have anyone that does computer work for you, I'd reccommend having them take a look at it. Unless someone else here wants to run through all the different possibilities.

Zro

Steve Eskow
12-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Zro, for a good lead: I'll try to remove the Palm software.

SE

Steve Eskow
12-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Zro, you saved my life, or at least my Blackberry. I removed the Palm software and was then able to connect to the serial port and synchronize.

Thanks so much.

Steve Eskow