PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Dialing on 7100 series

yyzdymond
12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi all, long-time reader...first time poster here.

I have a 7250 and love the functionality of it.

My beef is it often dials accidentally. I do not use the cradle and tend to keep it in a pocket (so I guess I am asking for it), but even while locked I have had some very embarassing calls made accidentally (likewise I have received some).

Is the 7130e less prone to accidental dialing?

It is a real problem...to the extent I called a senior VP client and left a two minute voice mail singing to my 3 month old son in the car!!

martin_j001
12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
May I suggest a holster of some sort then, as they really do cut down on this sort of thing....??? On my 7100i and on my previous 7520 and 7510, a locked keyboard is just that--locked--none of the buttons worked at all, other than the scrollwheel to unlock the device....

If your bb is getting unlocked while in your pocket, you've got a whole other set of issues to deal with, and I'd seek out a forum dedicated to that!! LOL :) :)

yyzdymond
12-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I think its unlocking from being pressed twice to unlock, then a third time to dial?

Does the 7100 dial from the trackwheel like the 7250?

martin_j001
12-14-2005, 11:32 AM
It can, yes.... I'd be hard pressed to believe that the trackwheel is being depressed twice without being rolled at all to unlock the device when its in your pocket though....