PDA

View Full Version : What phone is best for me?

KuJaX
12-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey Everyone,

I currently have a Blackberry 7230 with T-mobile and I have nothing but great things to say about my phone and the service. However, I am running into a few dilema's and would like your advice.

I am looking for a phone that has the following capabilities:

1. Bluetooth Technology - I need a wireless headset and my BB 7230 does not support bluetooth.

2. Possibly be able to handle more than one phone line on the phone. I want to have a business phone number and a personal phone number. Both numbers will come from t-mobile. I am not sure if there is a blackberry (or cell phone) that has this feature, but I would love to hear each of your input.

3. The ability to receive and reply back to e-mails with a breeze. I really like the full keyboard on my 7230, and have not tried the 7100t for typing long e-mail messages. Is there much of a different or is the 7100t or other blackberry models (of other brand phones) hard to type quite a bit on?

Thanks a lot for any input and advice that you may have.

nb_mitch
12-14-2005, 04:05 PM
7290 and 8700 both are BT enabled. I don't believe any BB can have more than one phone #, but that may be a Service Provider issue more than a hardware issue. The 7290 and 8700 have a full keyboard while the 71xx series has more of a phone look and "suretype" feature. I have no experience with it, but like the full keyboard.

But, as your Subject suggests, maybe you are really looking for a phone and not a BB?

KuJaX
12-14-2005, 04:37 PM
7290 and 8700 both are BT enabled. I don't believe any BB can have more than one phone #, but that may be a Service Provider issue more than a hardware issue. The 7290 and 8700 have a full keyboard while the 71xx series has more of a phone look and "suretype" feature. I have no experience with it, but like the full keyboard.

But, as your Subject suggests, maybe you are really looking for a phone and not a BB?

Thanks for the reply. Well, the problem is that I will be mobile most of the time, so I don't think a "phone" is going to work. Are there any other cell phones that have the capabilities that I am talking about? I love my blackberry, but if I need to change applications (non-blackberry) then that is what I may have to do. The 2 phone lines into one cell phone isnt a requirement, just something that would really make my life easier. ;)

Nextel User
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
i used to have two lines on my nextel phone (non BB) i remember there being different options in the settings, so i would assume it is a hardware issue.
good luck. maybe a bluetooth cellphone alongside your bb is all you need.

nb_mitch
12-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe this would help:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=18972&highlight=phone+lines

KuJaX
12-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I want to stick with T-Mobile though, so this may be a problem.

any other blackberry's that you folks could recommend along with bluetooth earpieces?

KuJaX
12-16-2005, 08:49 PM
still interested in more opinions