PDA

View Full Version : Distributing apps that were not created in BB JDE

jamesl
12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I gave up on the BB JDE b/c the apps would work with the simulator but would not work on the actual device something about a thread exception. Anyway I have started developing using a standard text editor. I compile, create my jar and jad file. I need to know how to place the completed app on the blackberry device. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
James

Mark Rejhon
12-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Put them on a website and download to your BlackBerry. Or use a batch file to convert to .cod/.alx and use javaloader to copy to the device.

For more info about either two methods, they have been posted on this forum... you'll have to search for the info. Try search keywoards ".jad .jar" and if you have a home webserver you need to configure, try search keywords ".jad .jar mimetypes", and if you need to convert, try ".jar .cod convert" .... at least something like that, anyway...

jamesl
12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the help, but I did your searches through the forum and the only threads that they returned were my own. I've found several other threads, but they all talk about distributing over the web. I couldn't find any info on converting my .jar and .jad files to .cod or .alx files for distribution. I will keep looking in the forum and in some books that I have.

Thanks

Mark Rejhon
12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
You might have accidentally used the quotation marks (which should be omitted).
Using minor permutations, I found the following:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=52&highlight=.jar+.cod+.alx+convert
(Scroll down to see headtailgrep's post)

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2982&highlight=.jar+mimetypes
(Config info, if you want to use webserver method)

Hope this helps.

jamesl
12-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for. I found that other post late yesterday on another forum. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong with my search.
Thanks again for all the help.