PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 7130e - holster

Roco
12-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Which way are you supposed to put in the phone? Either way still dials some numbers which is annoying?

I am talking about the case that comes with the phone...thanks

SDCromer
12-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Speaker out. Screen toward the belt clip.
I just ordered a horizontal case to replace the one that came with the phone.

http://www.wirelessground.com/blprulcabrws.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/exchangecellular_1871_23242500

whsbuss
12-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Speaker out. Screen toward the belt clip.
I just ordered a horizontal case to replace the one that came with the phone.

http://www.wirelessground.com/blprulcabrws.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/exchangecellular_1871_23242500

Looks like a nice case, but did you see this?

This case is compatible with the BlackBerry sleeper function for all models listed below except the BlackBerry 7130e phone.

JROCK2004
12-14-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah I was going to say that. I know vzw warehouse has a holster there for 19.99 but 0. I will let you guys know when they have some. I think it is the holster like the one for the 7250

whsbuss
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
yeah I was going to say that. I know vzw warehouse has a holster there for 19.99 but 0. I will let you guys know when they have some. I think it is the holster like the one for the 7250

Thanks JROCK.

I'm hoping the VZW case has the sleeper function and a nice swivel clip.

krnbk2
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
You can always just hold the * key for a second or 2 to put the keyguard on before holstering it.

whsbuss
12-14-2005, 06:51 PM
You can always just hold the * key for a second or 2 to put the keyguard on before holstering it.

But that won't enable the sleeper function and the different functions when in the holster (tones,etc.)

bdestephen
12-15-2005, 10:38 AM
If you look inside the case, the 7130e hits the magnet as you insert it. The case is the same as the rest of the 7100 series cases. The 7130e is a little wider, making the case a tighter fit. Mine hits the numbers as well, and it seems to be getting better as I use the case longer. Also, I noticed that unless you give it an extra push, it does not always go all the way down into the case. This causes the magnet not to line up and the Blackberry will remain unlocked. This can also cause your numbers to be hit at times.

animlmed
12-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I found this one for the 7100i. I'm going to look at it today and see if it fits my 7130. It has a swivel belt clip!

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/OSBrowseAccessoriesDetail?PHONE_ID=RIM7100I&categoryRefName=Carry+Solutions

NY_Joe
12-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks JROCK.

It does and it does.

Couldnt last more than 1 day with the case that came with unit.

Went to a verizon store and for 24.99 you get a nice leather case with a flip cover. Swivel clip on the back and magne tinside to sleep it.

Very nice.

ocbrody
12-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Another thumbs up for the Verizon case. Very nice leather quality and a good swivel clip. I prefer a horizontal case but I haven't been able to find one that works with the 7130 yet.

whsbuss
12-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Great comments. Keep 'em coming.

MPD352
12-15-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't know if this helps, but I wanted a heavy duty swivel clip full case for my 7100i. I went to Krusell and found there small wide case (http://www.krusell.se/product.php?prodGrp=1&s=2&product=616&x=17&y=14) and ordered it with the small metal swivel clip. The Krusell cases use a multiadapt system that uses all sorts of connectors.

The back of this case allows you to slip it on a belt either horizontally or vertically in addition to using the swivel button. I harvested a couple of strong bu thin magnets from a dead hard drive, and slipped them into the belt loop on the back of the case. I how have a heavy duty case that covers the entire phone and has the sleep function.

Kevin

chrisek
12-15-2005, 08:53 PM
MPD352, do have that case now or do you still have it on order? Obviously looking for a case for my 7130e Verizon that protects the screen and enables the sleep mode. Anyone else have a case they like yet?

rdrr
12-16-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't know if this helps, but I wanted a heavy duty swivel clip full case for my 7100i. I went to Krusell and found there small wide case (http://www.krusell.se/product.php?prodGrp=1&s=2&product=616&x=17&y=14) and ordered it with the small metal swivel clip. The Krusell cases use a multiadapt system that uses all sorts of connectors.

The back of this case allows you to slip it on a belt either horizontally or vertically in addition to using the swivel button. I harvested a couple of strong bu thin magnets from a dead hard drive, and slipped them into the belt loop on the back of the case. I how have a heavy duty case that covers the entire phone and has the sleep function.

Kevin

Hehe that seems like a lot of work. :D

animlmed
12-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Wow. I really hate Sprint/Nextel. That link I provided above. Yesterday it gave a different item number and said the holster had a swivel clip. So i placed the order and when placing it, it just said I was ordering a Blackberry holster. I checked it this morning and It has a different item number and now it is just a clip. I checked the details of my bill online and theysent the one with just the clip. Nothing like a bait and switch.

MPD352
12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Yes I have it, I'm very happy with it. The belt loop and connection to the phone is very secure.

marcfogel
12-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Thanks JROCK.

It does. Blackberry is selling one on their website as well

marcfogel
12-21-2005, 05:23 AM

I moved the Keyboard lock icon to the top and and use that before I holster it.

Too Many Toys
12-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Another vote for the Verizon leather case w/ swivel clip.

I was looking for a swivel clip case w/o the flap that goes over the phone. But after a couple of days with the soft-sided case that came with my 7130e, I decided to try the Verizon leather case.

It works great. The flap over the phone is no big deal, still easy to 'draw' the phone quickly. And the 7130e fits better then it did in the soft case, as this case doesn't push the keys when you insert it.

GeekNJ
12-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Another vote for the Verizon leather case w/ swivel clip.Is there a link to this case on the http://verizonwireless.com site? Does it have the Sleeper function that works with the 7130e?

Too Many Toys
12-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Is there a link to this case on the http://verizonwireless.com site? Does it have the Sleeper function that works with the 7130e?
Yes, it does have a magnet to activate the sleep mode.

Here is the link (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=accessoryMart&action=viewAccessoriesByPhone&selectedPhoneId=2080&make=BlackBerry&model=7130e™) to the 7130e accessory page.

I'm talking about the 'Leather Case with Magnetic Closure'.

whsbuss
12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Another vote for the Verizon leather case w/ swivel clip.

I was looking for a swivel clip case w/o the flap that goes over the phone. But after a couple of days with the soft-sided case that came with my 7130e, I decided to try the Verizon leather case.

It works great. The flap over the phone is no big deal, still easy to 'draw' the phone quickly. And the 7130e fits better then it did in the soft case, as this case doesn't push the keys when you insert it.

Does the case have a felt lining? Did you find your in a VZW store or order online?

Too Many Toys
12-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Does the case have a felt lining? Did you find your in a VZW store or order online?

No felt lining, its all leather inside & out. And I picked it up at the local Verizon store.

whsbuss
12-22-2005, 07:31 AM
No felt lining, its all leather inside & out. And I picked it up at the local Verizon store.

Thanks. I see if I can find it locally.

Joe1004
12-22-2005, 10:23 PM
I was going crazy with the key presses and was tiring of locking the keypad manually each time.

I ordered the Blackberry vertical leather case and it works much better, but still presses the keys on occasion. More annoying yet are the key presses on the way out. Adds an extra step to unlocking.

I have found with the leather case, the quick you holster, the less key pressing happens. I am sure as it "breaks in" it will improve.

whsbuss
12-29-2005, 09:18 PM
On the Verizon leather swivel clip case.... do you place the 7130 with the screen facing in or out?

DAThomas9
12-29-2005, 09:55 PM
On the Verizon leather swivel clip case.... do you place the 7130 with the screen facing in or out?

Out.

I like mine a great deal, although the first thing I did was run a black sharpie over the white stitching.

Mad Max
12-30-2005, 02:08 AM
I also like the Verizon leather case for 24.99! It has the sleeper function, High quaility!

gadgtman
12-30-2005, 09:22 AM
I also like the Verizon leather case for 24.99! It has the sleeper function, High quaility!
I looked at this the other day....two main complaints:

1) The flap is just too darn big. If you're wearing a coat, having to deal with that thing is just ridiculous, and

2) The clip looks like it was designed by NASA and given an overdose of steroids. It's massive, and sticks way too far out from the case itself.

I'm holding out for the gizmoskin...nice little flap and a very discreet swivel clip.

whsbuss
12-30-2005, 09:37 AM
I looked at this the other day....two main complaints:

1) The flap is just too darn big. If you're wearing a coat, having to deal with that thing is just ridiculous, and

2) The clip looks like it was designed by NASA and given an overdose of steroids. It's massive, and sticks way too far out from the case itself.

I'm holding out for the gizmoskin...nice little flap and a very discreet swivel clip.

Doesn't gizmoskin already have a 7100 case? Has anyone tried it for the 7130? http://www.gizmoskin.com/7100.htm

gadgtman
12-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Doesn't gizmoskin already have a 7100 case? Has anyone tried it for the 7130? http://www.gizmoskin.com/7100.htm
I e-mailed gizmo - he said the 7100 case would work with the 7130, but you have to put the 7130 in upside down for the magent to work. So that's impractical. He said he may have one in about 6 weeks (that was a few weeks ago).

whsbuss
12-30-2005, 12:57 PM
I e-mailed gizmo - he said the 7100 case would work with the 7130, but you have to put the 7130 in upside down for the magent to work. So that's impractical. He said he may have one in about 6 weeks (that was a few weeks ago).

Great. I thought that case was not 7130 compatible. I will email them as well so they can notify me when the new case is available.

Thanks

gadgtman
12-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Great. I thought that case was not 7130 compatible. I will email them as well so they can notify me when the new case is available.

Thanks
Please post if/when you hear about a case compatible with the 7130e.

whsbuss
12-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Please post if/when you hear about a case compatible with the 7130e.

Got a reply from Dan at GizmoSkin. He said they are working on one now. Possibly available in a few weeks.

MooseBerry
12-31-2005, 03:22 AM
I use the Verizon case, it's great! It has the sleeper function, the flap stays down (which it barely does with the RIM case), there's a cut out for the speaker in the rear, the clip is strong. Very nice.

marcfogel
12-31-2005, 06:00 AM
I use the Verizon case, it's great! It has the sleeper function, the flap stays down (which it barely does with the RIM case), there's a cut out for the speaker in the rear, the clip is strong. Very nice.

The thing I dont like about the Verizon case is the device goes in Key side out.

It is awkward to take the device out and use. You have to flip it around.

The flap stays down on my rim case, I am assuming you mean the BlackBerry 7130e Leather Swivel Holster. Of course the case had to break in.

The RIM case would be perfect if they put a cut-out in the front for the speaker.

whsbuss
12-31-2005, 06:29 AM
I have both RIM leather cases; with and without the flap. I like the easy in which you can access the BB with the non-flap case but hate the stiff belt clip. Now that its winter, the BB is somewhat protected with sweaters/sweatshirts that I wear. When it gets warm, I want to use the flip case to protect the top of the BB from accidental nicks and such.

The RIM flip case is somewhat stiff in the back and does not really close securely (I think its too short in comparision to the VZW case). What I don't like about the VZW case is the fact the BB sits face out. As pointed out here, its more difficult to manuver it so you can see the screen with it pointing out.

I'm hoping the gizmoskin case will be the better choice when they come out with a case for the 7130. I just hope it will allow a face in orientation.

marcfogel
12-31-2005, 09:30 AM
RIM Should have put a cut-out in the case for the speaker.

It would be great if Gizmoskin put in a cut-out for the speaker.

Their cases look excellent

whsbuss
12-31-2005, 09:34 AM
RIM Should have put a cut-out in the case for the speaker.

It would be great if Gizmoskin put in a cut-out for the speaker.

Their cases look excellent

Send your suggestions to Dan at mobilegear@<hidden>

gadgtman
12-31-2005, 10:24 AM
Got a reply from Dan at GizmoSkin. He said they are working on one now. Possibly available in a few weeks.
Great news,thanks! Has anyone ever seen a gizmo? I'm curious - it is a stiff case that will protect the BB? I really like the looks of the swivel clip, but I want to make sure my BB doesn't get banged while inside.

gadgtman
01-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Got news from Gizmo that a holster is coming in a few weeks for the 7130e.

GizmoSkin
01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Thank you for all of your e-mails regarding the upcoming 7130e GizmoSkin case! Please see this link for an open discussion on this topic.

http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=23462

codyman
01-10-2006, 10:25 AM
I just got the new 7130e plastic swivel holster from vzw - it came in the fedex today. It is pretty sturdy, holds the phone well - both facing in or out - has the belt clip and swivel (I like to have my 7130 horizontal not vertical. Have not had a chance to fully try it out yet but it does hold the berry quite well.

The part number on the vzw packaging is rim7130hol

marcfogel
01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Where did you find this?

Can you show us a picture?

codyman
01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
got it from my vzw store - I ordered it when I purchased my phone but it was out of stock - they only just came it and they shipped it to me. Don't have a picture, I'll see if I can find one or take one.

whsbuss
01-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Where did you find this?

Can you show us a picture?

Here you go

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessoryPopup?item=accessoryMart&accessoryId=20002

whsbuss
01-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I just got the new 7130e plastic swivel holster from vzw - it came in the fedex today. It is pretty sturdy, holds the phone well - both facing in or out - has the belt clip and swivel (I like to have my 7130 horizontal not vertical. Have not had a chance to fully try it out yet but it does hold the berry quite well.

The part number on the vzw packaging is rim7130hol

Does the sleeper function still work when the unit is placed in the holster screen facing in? Does the clip make the case stick out too far when wearing on your belt?

gadgtman
01-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Does the sleeper function still work when the unit is placed in the holster screen facing in? Does the clip make the case stick out too far when wearing on your belt?
I bought one and returned it. Don't get me wrong, it was solidly built, but the clip was HUGE. It stuck a good 1/2 inch or so out from the unit - that was the downfall for me. Plus the flap was way too big - seemed like alot of leather to flip over to retrieve the phone. One other thiing that may bother you: you need to place the phone in the holster with the screen facing out to activate the sleeper function (at least that's what happened with the one I bought). Which means when you retrieve it, you have to flip it around. I like putting my BB in the holster facing in - that way when I slip it out, it's already facing me. That may not be an issue for some people.

whsbuss
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I bought one and returned it. Don't get me wrong, it was solidly built, but the clip was HUGE. It stuck a good 1/2 inch or so out from the unit - that was the downfall for me. Plus the flap was way too big - seemed like alot of leather to flip over to retrieve the phone. One other thiing that may bother you: you need to place the phone in the holster with the screen facing out to activate the sleeper function (at least that's what happened with the one I bought). Which means when you retrieve it, you have to flip it around. I like putting my BB in the holster facing in - that way when I slip it out, it's already facing me. That may not be an issue for some people.

Thanks gadgtman. That's what I thought. I'm using the RIM OEM leather holster w/o flap (although I have the leather flap one from them too... I plan to use it during the summer when sweaters/sweat shirts don't cover the unit on my belt). I HATE the stiff clip but the 7130 slides in/out very nicely and it faces in. I cannot imagine having to flip the unit to operate it with the screen facing out. I know gizmoskin is going to release a 7130 case within a few weeks. That may look promising.

codyman
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
This is not the holster I got. The unit is a plastic holster. You seat the phone in the 'cup' piece at the bottom and push the phone in - it has a clip piece that goes over the top to hold it in place. It has a belt clip that can swivel. Have not checked to see if it has a magnet yet - it only came in the mail this morning.

whsbuss
01-10-2006, 02:25 PM
This is not the holster I got. The unit is a plastic holster. You seat the phone in the 'cup' piece at the bottom and push the phone in - it has a clip piece that goes over the top to hold it in place. It has a belt clip that can swivel. Have not checked to see if it has a magnet yet - it only came in the mail this morning.

How about this one?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessoryPopup?item=accessoryMart&accessoryId=20034

gadgtman
01-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks gadgtman. That's what I thought. I'm using the RIM OEM leather holster w/o flap (although I have the leather flap one from them too... I plan to use it during the summer when sweaters/sweat shirts don't cover the unit on my belt). I HATE the stiff clip but the 7130 slides in/out very nicely and it faces in. I cannot imagine having to flip the unit to operate it with the screen facing out. I know gizmoskin is going to release a 7130 case within a few weeks. That may look promising.
You're welcome. I'm also holding out for the gizmoskin - I'm hoping you can place the BB face in with that one. I really like the looks of the swivel clip - he way it's built "inside" the case, very discreet. Dan from gizmoskin has another thread going and it looks like he's asking for feedback on how the 7130e case should be designed.

gadgtman
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM
How about this one?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessoryPopup?item=accessoryMart&accessoryId=20034
This is NOT the case I commented on in a previous post. The other Verizon case has a big front flap that flips open to remove the BB. The one I was referring to is the $24.99 case. Hope I didn't confuese anyone.

codyman
01-10-2006, 03:13 PM
whsbuss,
Not that one either - it is hard plastic, open on the front. It only interfaces with the berry on the bottom, the cup which the 7130 sits into and the top clip which 'clips' over the top of the 7130. It is hard plastic, has a back and the 7130 can go in face out or face in. I'm not sure it has a magnet as I don't see on anywhere on the case.

codyman
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
ok. I'm not very good at loading pictures - this is my first try so bear with me. Not sure what size they are going to be:

codyman
01-10-2006, 03:48 PM
here is another one (now I got it figured out!):

animlmed
01-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I don't see it on the verizonwireless.com web site, but I want one!!!! I need to find out how to get it. What is the item number??

marcfogel
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the images.

I am going to wait for the gizmoskin

codyman
01-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Rim7130hol

animlmed
01-10-2006, 05:19 PM
dag nabbit. I called verizon and they have no idea what i'm talking about

codyman
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
ok. Call the rep from vzw I dealt with, mention that he sold one to Steve Chunn (me) along with my 7130e.

He is in Manchester NH, his number is 603-626-0606 x 3 (for sales). He is there mostly from about 1 pm onwards (it is a store in a mall). Tell him you want to order the same holster and have it shipped. Let me know if you do call him and if he helped you.

whsbuss
01-10-2006, 07:21 PM
ok. Call the rep from vzw I dealt with, mention that he sold one to Steve Chunn (me) along with my 7130e.

He is in Manchester NH, his number is 603-626-0606 x 3 (for sales). He is there mostly from about 1 pm onwards (it is a store in a mall). Tell him you want to order the same holster and have it shipped. Let me know if you do call him and if he helped you.

I do not like a clip holder. Especially with the screen so exposed. Guaranteed to get scratched when worn.

animlmed
01-16-2006, 04:07 PM
I bought this clip holder, but thanks to Verizon, it has no magnet to put the BB into sleep mode. God forbid someone think at Verizon.

whsbuss
02-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Has anyone bought this case listed on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIM-Blackberry-7130E-7130-E-PDA-Cell-Phone-Leather-Case_W0QQitemZ5862625737QQcategoryZ108606QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem