PDA

View Full Version : Voice Control

War Eagle
12-14-2005, 07:33 PM
There is a new product from Handango called Voice Control. Works only with nextel. It allows you to verbally write and send email, set appointments and make phone calls. You push the PTT button and give it commands. It is very cool!

rrife
12-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah I've played around with it for a little while, I'm kind of curious to how it works. It rarely made any mistakes while composing emails.

auser
12-17-2005, 03:34 PM
There is a new product from Handango called Voice Control. Works only with nextel. It allows you to verbally write and send email, set appointments and make phone calls. You push the PTT button and give it commands. It is very cool!

anyone care to post a link to the download?

seiler
12-17-2005, 03:44 PM
here you go

http://www.mobilevoicecontrol.com/ota.htm

Achilles
12-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I downloaded. Works great. I will be a safer driver on the freeways now. :)

techphreak
12-20-2005, 10:09 PM
For any Verizon users looking for this capability, I would send a note to the folks at mobilevoicecontrol.com. I inquired and they are looking at Verizon as well since they have been the most vocal about getting support so far. So, the more folks who contact them, the better:)

krakkerbb
12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
The features of this app are neat but the response time between speaking the command and it doing the command is a bit slow.

seiler
12-21-2005, 11:19 AM
i agree the response some times are a bit slow but when it works its pretty cool to have especially if you do alot of driving

Nextel User
12-21-2005, 01:17 PM
if you email them. tell them that they can use the softkey in the center of the phone. i used it for a few days and it was pretty good. the longer the email the slower the response, but the less you typed ;)

it also does notes.

rellis
01-10-2006, 01:36 PM
I upgraded from the trial to the paid version and it hasn't worked since. I have sent four emails to their support address to get a passkey and they have all been returned?!?
I tried to call 411 to get a phone number for the Mason, Ohio address they show and no such business is listed?!?
Did I get suckered here? Does anyone know how to contact these folks? Love the product while it worked....

seiler
01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
try this email address support@<hidden> i received the latest upgrade from them 3 plus weeks ago.....

TAXFREE
01-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Awesome Program, How do you have it dial a number..example 2 number for a single contact work and mobile. I pulls the right contact but prompts be to pick the number.

I should be able to say joe smith mobile or joe smith work??