PDA

View Full Version : Noob Email Clarification (tmo.bberry, personal, etc...)

tfaz1
12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Okay, I know this information is available via the search feature because I've pieced together much of my answer already. All I want is a little clarification on the subject of emails and reply addresses.

Right now, I've got work and personal email forwarding to my tmo.blackberry account so that they will immediately get pushed to my handheld. I also have each account setup on the device so that I can send from any account and reconcile my mailboxes. In essence, I get 2 copies of each email (only mildly annoying).

When I get forwarded messages from my tmo.blackberry account, it is impossible to reply from any of my other accounts. Or, at least, I can't see any option to change the reply-from address. I don't want to send using my tmo.blackberry account for many reasons, mostly because I don't necessarily want clients to know that I'm out of the office or on a handheld. I'm sure there are others like me.

What are some strategies for handling this problem? In all my noob-ness, perhaps I've overlooked something simple. Is it crazy for me to want this as an option? Or, is it even crazier that this isn't an option?

Thanks for you patience with this noob!

mgerbasio
12-14-2005, 09:16 PM
If you're using T-Mobile, try the BIS rather than forwarding and that will solve your personal mail problem. The downside is you have to wait 10-15 minutes, I think that is the polling time, to get a message.

If that doesn't work, try PocketDay or the free bbreply utility.

Is the work account MS Exchange? The desktop redirector might help you there if the PC is on 24/7 but you'll need someone else to give you some ideas. PocketDay/bbreply might also work.

Regards-Michael G.

tfaz1
12-14-2005, 11:42 PM
I wonder why this functionality isn't standard? Does RIM want to reserve this type of usability for BES users?

takeshi
12-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Hmm, interesting. I can't choose which account to reply via either and I know that I used to be able to do this. Has anyone contacted T-Mobile about this?

tfaz1
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Hmm, interesting. I can't choose which account to reply via either and I know that I used to be able to do this. Has anyone contacted T-Mobile about this?

I plan on calling them today. I'll post my findings.

tfaz1
12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Okay, I just got off the phone with T-Mo BBerry Support. The rep explained to me that they used to have the option to change the reply-from address when T-Mo was using BWC. Now that they are running BIS, that feature is gone.

So, mildly annoying, but I can live with it (for now). He did mention that I should send feedback using this link: https://support.my.t-mobile.com/caseSubmitForm.html?

I'm not sure how much good it will do, but it's worth a shot. Especially since (programming wise) this is an extremely simple option to add and support. I will also contact RIM and let them know that this is something they need to add.