PDA

View Full Version : GOOGLE Premier Apps VS HOSTED EXCHANGE...Thoughts?

CJoy
01-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi,

I'm hoping I can get some helpful feedback!

Google premier apps with hosted email charges approximately $50 per user per year....approximately a 90% savings from what I am able to determine. We pay approximately $50 per user per month for Hosted exchange (plus or minus).

My questions are:

1) Has anyone used Google Premier Apps and run into any issues with their legitimate email being identified as spam? I worry because I have read articles where anything coming from google free email servers are filtered. I'm wondeirng if the same thing happens with the Premier version. Or is this just a b.s. issue and have no basis in reality?

2) We are a small company, is there any reason to stay with Hosted BES? Because with the price difference, I don't "see" the reason to stay.

3) any other thoughts?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated! Thanks!!

takeshi
01-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Never used it myself.

Why are you paying $50/user/month for hosted BES? Are they providing you additional services/features? $20 is more typical from what I recall (it's what I'm currently paying).

You'll have to clarify what you currently find necessary/useful from hosted BES before anyone can tell you whether or not there's any reason to remain with hosted BES.

phrider
01-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I, too, have hosted exchange for under $20 per month (1 GB mailbox, premium spam and double virus screening, and BES) with a provider who has proven very reliable over a 5 year period.

djm2
01-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd guess that at $50/month it would not take very long for a BPS installation in-house to make sense -- although that does depend on the # of users that you have.