PDA

View Full Version : BB Bold synchronize with 2 address books

KerberosX
01-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi all,

I have a question regarding address book synchronization.

I currently have my BB Bold setup for wireless synchronization with my work mailbox which is Lotus Notes/Domino in combination with BES. I am also using Outlook on a different computer for my personal mailbox.

What I would like to do is synchronize the BB with both my work and my personal contacts. Contacts are already synchronizing wireless with my Lotus Notes mailbox. I installed the BB Desktop Manager software on my private computer and tried to setup contact synchronization with my BB.

But upon selecting contacts from Outlook, the software says I cannot do so, because I already have wireless synchronization setup.

Is there any way to accomplish this without touching the wireless synchronization with Lotus Notes/Domino.

rambo47
01-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Perhaps you could turn off wireless sync before performing the local sync for your personal stuff. Then just turn it back on after that local sync. Hopefully you don't have an IT Policy that prevents this. Often these policies to indeed disable local syncing. In that case, I'm afraid you have no way to sync locally. Messing with IT Policies is HIGHLY discouraged. Often doing so is grounds for termination. :shock:

KerberosX
01-28-2010, 03:41 AM
I decided not to mess with the BB :smile:

But for those who have a similar problem, I found a workaround. I found this great app, DoubleLook, which sits in the Windows system tray and can synchronize Lotus Notes and Outlook contacts, calendar and notes. I works really great actually.

So now my contacts get synchronized between the mailboxes directly, and when Lotus Notes syncs up with my Blackberry I always have the latest information there as well.

TXLady
01-28-2010, 10:08 AM
But for those who have a similar problem, I found a workaround. I found this great app, DoubleLook, which sits in the Windows system tray and can synchronize Lotus Notes and Outlook contacts, calendar and notes. I works really great actually.

Thanks. I'm going to check that out for work. All of my personal stuff is in Outlook but recently changed jobs to a company that uses Lotus so this may be what I've been looking for. And I see that DoubleLook is by CompanionLink which has turned out to be my solution to get my Outlook stuff on my Droid.