PDA

View Full Version : Black Berry vs Iphone

Kumite
01-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Guys,

What makes the blackberry phones so unique and qualifies them as being better than iphones?

In other words, why would i purchase a blackberry not an iphone and vice versa?

Keeping in mind that i have not owned any...that's why i am asking. Cheers.

Noodle22
01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Wrong section, and there are a billion threads on this subject already in the Blackberry Versus Forum.

penguin3107
01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
What makes the blackberry phones so unique and qualifies them as being better than iphones?
Who says that BlackBerry devices are better?

why would i purchase a blackberry not an iphone and vice versa?
How should we know? You're the one making the purchase.

Keeping in mind that i have not owned any...that's why i am asking.
Then you should go try both of them out and pick the one that best suits YOUR needs.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Who says that BlackBerry devices are better?

How should we know? You're the one making the purchase.

Then you should go try both of them out and pick the one that best suits YOUR needs.

Thanks smart ass!

Noodle22
01-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Again, this is the guy who already posted saying he wants the most expensive latest BlackBerry. I've already explained this needs to be based on your needs, if your needs match an Iphone, then get that. If they match a specific device of BlackBerry, then get that.

If you want an expensive toy, it's not always the best. Iphones are the most expensive and I wouldnt purchase one personally for multiple reasons, some that are specific to who I am.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Wrong section, and there are a billion threads on this subject already in the Blackberry Versus Forum.

It's a general section; the definition of general is something not specific but can be specific.

Anyways....Thanks...i ll try to dig one of those billion threads you counted.

dankarlinski
01-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Chill out! He is trying to help you out. You need to try them both out to see which suits you

penguin3107
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks smart ass!

My pleasure.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Again, this is the guy who already posted saying he wants the most expensive latest BlackBerry. I've already explained this needs to be based on your needs, if your needs match an Iphone, then get that. If they match a specific device of BlackBerry, then get that.

If you want an expensive toy, it's not always the best. Iphones are the most expensive and I wouldnt purchase one personally for multiple reasons, some that are specific to who I am.

Yeah i have money i want to throw down the toilet.

Who are you ? and what are the specific reasons that stopped you from purchasing an iphone?

Why the hell would i buy a blackberry not an iphone? Is that so difficult to grasp? I guess grasping is not your strong point.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Chill out! He is trying to help you out. You need to try them both out to see which suits you

lol, help me you say. Yeah it's so clear that's what he was trying to do.

Noodle22
01-25-2010, 10:07 AM
How many times have we told you that you need to figure out what you want from a phone if you want to choose the right one?

Now why should I give you my specific reasons for not purchasing an iphone when you just insulted me?

If you act like that and ignore our assistance (and I tried to help you many times in your other thread, which you did not answer my questions), then why should any of us help you?

I could fight with you, I could insult you, but I enjoy being here and helping others.

You need to decide what YOU want.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 10:09 AM
My pleasure.

You come to a blackberry forum expecting people to hepl you when all you get is a handful of smartasses telling you that you're the one to decide and it all depends on your persona and needs and you gotta try both of them to decide and how the hell am i going to know what exactly i neeed if i dont know nothing about the product? By googling and researching then why the hell would i post on the forum? it would be like a passive reader, a lurker...no interaction what so ever.

JSanders
01-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Thanks smart ass!

I guess grasping is not your strong point.

Kumite, if you insult one more user in this forum, you can get your answers elsewhere.

Chill out, be polite or be gone.

YOU really do need to try to BOTH devices, at least in a store, to determine what best fits your needs.
Start first by deciding your carrier, since TODAY, you won't get an iPhone anywhere but on ATT.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 10:12 AM
How many times have we told you that you need to figure out what you want from a phone if you want to choose the right one?

Now why should I give you my specific reasons for not purchasing an iphone when you just insulted me?

If you act like that and ignore our assistance (and I tried to help you many times in your other thread, which you did not answer my questions), then why should any of us help you?

I could fight with you, I could insult you, but I enjoy being here and helping others.

You need to decide what YOU want.

I m sorry we started the wrong way. I am seeking advice and help, but right now i am hungry, i am going out to eat.

When i come back, i ll be more specific and answer all your question to help me is that okay?

Cheer m8!

juwaack68
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Kumite - you need to chill out and take a step back, and drop the attitude.

You came to a BlackBerry forum, asking about iPhones. While there are some (probably many) people here who have iPhones, this, again, a BlackBerry forum.

Perhaps if you had stated what your needs are, specific to any mobile device, people would be able to offer opinions specifically related to those needs.

Oherwise a blanket statement such as the one you posted won't get you anywhere.

Kumite
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Kumite, if you insult one more user in this forum, you can get your answers elsewhere.

Chill out, be polite or be gone.

Roger Roger.
Noted Sir.

No insult whatso ever was intended. I dont think any user would be insulted from what i said. But noted. thanks for the advance warning. cheers

JSanders
01-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Cool... (y) so let's all take a breather.

Kumite
01-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Listen guys, i am just a hair from buying a 9700 bold 2.

Today i went shopping and i made a tour and checked the 9700 and the iphone and stuff; word is blackberry bold 9700. I really liked it.

Can someone please, explain to me what makes this phone better than its blackberry predecessors?

Is the tour in your opinion better than the bold? because if it is then chances are tour 2 is better than the 9700.

For those who bought the 9700, did you have any trouble so far?

(y)

Noodle22
01-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com (http://www.blackberry.com)

Click "Smartphones", then click "Compare Smartphones" and your brought to a nifty drag and drop tool that will allow you to compare up to 5 devices and give you the low down on their technical specifications. An outside suggestion as feedback from others isn't all that should be relied upon.

Kumite
01-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Noodles, your opinion is of value to me.....i am asking you to advise me. Do you think the 9700 pros are more than its cons and the cons are not that fatal to the unit itself,,,that is they can be forgotten?

Cheers buddy.

F0nage
01-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Nobody has answered your question and I personally believe one of the reasons why is when you understand what each device is about you realize that the question you asked doesn't make sense. It's an Apples and Berries comparison.

The BlackBerry is an emailing behemoth. It is about communicating speedily, securely, and reliably. BlackBerrys have great keyboards and are set up for email and messaging. They also have multimedia features, but that is secondary. A BlackBerry is about business.

An iPhone is an entertainment device. You can watch movies, play games, etc. but you will want to smash your phone on the ground if you spend much time emailing or messenging on it.

If you want a fashion accessory or people to know you spent money, buy an iPhone. I personally wouldn't be caught dead with one, my Nokia 5800 tramples it to death for 1/3 of the price.

If you want to keep in touch without wishing you had a laptop or notepad, and you want a super nice email setup that just works flawlessly, get a BlackBerry.

Right now there is no one holy grail of phones for all purposes, or we would all have it (although my combo of 8900 and 5800 is pretty damn close :p)

TTsoldier
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Everyone will have different cons.. Eg..

A con in the 9700 will be the keyboard size for me. Will this be a con for you? Maybe, maybe not.

Compare the two devices side by side. Only you will know what is right for you.

You still have not even listed for what purpose you need the phone.

Noodle22
01-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you TTsoldier and F0nage. This is what we have been saying all along.

I hate to put myself down, but why do you respect my opinion? I've owned a BlackBerry for just under 3 months now and I've spent that time on this forum learning. Before I made the decision to purchase a BlackBerry or any other kind of phone, I did what those above are saying. I chose a phone that works for me. I like the keyboard on my 8520, others may prefer a Bold style keyboard, or the Storms touchscreen keyboard.

I've given you the resources to find out the technical specs of the phones, I do not own the phone you are asking about personally, so I cannot tell you my opinion of it other than the technical specs. I know people enjoy the trackpad and that's one of the reasons I chose my 8520.

I would suggest you go to the 9700 forum and read what others are saying about that phone.

TTsoldier
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
I also prefer the tracbkall to the trackpad.

Another con of the 9700.

Or is this just a personal con? ;-)

F0nage
01-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Personal con which I personally agree with.

TTsoldier
01-27-2010, 03:41 PM
<3 my 9000

benf13
01-27-2010, 03:44 PM
one major reason I got a BlackBerry is that at late afternnon meetings I always see a few iPhones lying on the floor plugged into their respective chargers while the BlackBerry users simply replaces a battery. the bottom line is researching their capabilities and shortcomings and get the one that suits your needs.

Kumite
01-30-2010, 09:19 PM
]http://i49.tinypic.com/10n9hn5.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2uhpl5z.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2w6xbx4.jpg