PDA

View Full Version : can a blackberry pop directly from a postfix pop box?

vmos2
01-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I realise this may not be the best place to ask but I'm having trouble finding info.
We've got a client who is using a blackberry and they've been having a number of problems such as recieving multiple copies of mails that are months old and the mailbox filling up because the server is ignoring the blackberry command to delete mail.

I've found a few things that suggest that the RIM os just doesn't work with postfix but I've found nothing less that three years old.

Is this still accurate? Can a blackberry work directly with a postfix pop account? Do I just need to tweak the postfix config?

Or if you don't know that, can you point me in the right direction?

aharrison
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
I realise this may not be the best place to ask but I'm having trouble finding info.
We've got a client who is using a blackberry and they've been having a number of problems such as recieving multiple copies of mails that are months old and the mailbox filling up because the server is ignoring the blackberry command to delete mail.

I've found a few things that suggest that the RIM os just doesn't work with postfix but I've found nothing less that three years old.

Is this still accurate? Can a blackberry work directly with a postfix pop account? Do I just need to tweak the postfix config?

Or if you don't know that, can you point me in the right direction?

Since postfix is not a pop server, no, it is not possible.

I'm sure it will work just fine with any pop server software, though. One of my accounts is served up by courier, for example.

Issues such as the one you describe are almost invariably the fault of mua configuration. Such as a user accessing their mail from multiple computers but only one of them is set to leave messages on the server, that sort of thing.

wdypge
05-23-2010, 01:53 AM
thanks for answer